Honolulu Photo's Wanted (Edge Side)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tyrrellspass

Babyface
I'm from Dublin Ireland, I was in the Honolulu show with my two daughters aged 6 and 8. We were right beside the small stage on the Edge's side in the eclipse, one of my daughters was on my shoulders with an irish flag around her.

I am desperately trying to find someone who was by that area who may have taken a photo within that area of the Edge etc and who might by chance have got my two kids in the background.

I have been trying for months to try and find someone who might be able to help me..

Is there anyone out there

Thanks

mollison@eircom.net

U2Fanatic4ever said:

they are referring to the smilie you picked for your post..

this one right here >> :barf:

Yeah, it seems pretty obvious that that little guy is barfing. What else could it be doing? :confused:

Maybe they dont call it barfing. Maybe they call it upchuck or bucket of glob shite or something.

:wink:

christ, i didnt realise you guys take such an interest in a smilie, i dont really mind what the smiley is doing as long as I get a picture, so can someone please hurry up.

heres a good story for all from last week, a friend of mine was going into a hospital here in town to see his kid, he was with another child and his partner and he was trying to carry a pram, child etc, a voice from behind says "Can I give you a hand", he turns round and its the Edge, he goes ur the Edge, Edge says yea, who are u, so the two of them walk to the ward, edge carring the pram and a bag of dipers etc, chatting away, edge leaves the stuff in the room and heads off, true gentleman

tyrrellspass said:
christ, i didnt realise you guys take such an interest in a smilie, i dont really mind what the smiley is doing as long as I get a picture, so can someone please hurry up.

heres a good story for all from last week, a friend of mine was going into a hospital here in town to see his kid, he was with another child and his partner and he was trying to carry a pram, child etc, a voice from behind says "Can I give you a hand", he turns round and its the Edge, he goes ur the Edge, Edge says yea, who are u, so the two of them walk to the ward, edge carring the pram and a bag of dipers etc, chatting away, edge leaves the stuff in the room and heads off, true gentleman

Hey Tyrrellspass,
Welcome to the boards! What a cool story about Edge!
He seems like such a wonderful person and these stories just prove that the kindness in his eyes is real!! Love it! I am visiting the Emerald Isle later this year, I cannot wait, maybe I will bump into one of them!! :)

tyrrellspass said:

well, that's just because in textual communication at this board and others, smilies have been added to help put dialogue into context. the smiley can often augment the sentence, by assisting in expressing the intended tone of the message. that's why we were a bit thrown off about it :)

no worries though, because sometimes people do use irrevelant subject smilies on purpose, because the juxtaposition can generates a sense of humor.

cool edge story!

no probs, living in ireland, ya get pleanty like that, i remember when war came out, they were making it big in europe and i was at school, we were U2 mad, one of my friends dads had a garage, the school was about 200 metres from the garage, when we went back to his house after school his father was chatting to us, then very casually he goes "I had some lad in here this morning, his car broke down, he said he was in some band called U2", we couldnt believe it, apparently adam was on his way somewhere, his car broke down in the town and he came in to my friends father who didnt have a clue who he was, apparently adam sat there for 2 hours reading a paper and chatting away to him, and all of us 200 metres up the road without knowing... we were sick

tyrrellspass said:
no probs, living in ireland, ya get pleanty like that, i remember when war came out, they were making it big in europe and i was at school, we were U2 mad, one of my friends dads had a garage, the school was about 200 metres from the garage, when we went back to his house after school his father was chatting to us, then very casually he goes "I had some lad in here this morning, his car broke down, he said he was in some band called U2", we couldnt believe it, apparently adam was on his way somewhere, his car broke down in the town and he came in to my friends father who didnt have a clue who he was, apparently adam sat there for 2 hours reading a paper and chatting away to him, and all of us 200 metres up the road without knowing... we were sick

OMG... that would of killed me to know that.. wow! only 200 metres away and you weren't there...

tyrrellspass said:

Wow, that was horrible you didn't know he was right there!!
So do you have any more cool U2 stories? We love to hear to about any kind of U2 encounter :D tell us more tell us more!! :hyper:

I went to school with a girl called Lorna Moxam, her uncle Donald Moxam was the music teacher in Mt Temple, he helped them get time to rehearse etc, he gets a good mention in their new book.

my sister is a teacher, her friend taught Bono's kids in Primary school

My friend is a nurse who looks after edge's daughter when in hospital

I met Bono at the premier of rattle & hum movie in London, only a shake of a hand

I met the band in sept last in Dublin during their book launch, asked Bono to arrange for me to get into the eclipse, gave him my email address etc, didnt hear back

one of my friends lives out not far from bono in Killiney Co Dublin, one morning a few years back he was walking along the beach which runs behind bono's house, he met bono and his kids strolling along, gave him a nod and kept going

The guy who done some floor tiling for me is a doorman in a club called Lillies in Dublin, regular has a chat with Bono, mainly on a Thursday night when Bono goes out in Dublin City

A girl who I work with has a sister who works in an antique shop in Dublin, a few months back the Edge came in and was having a look round, she didnt have a clue who he was, he brought a table and she asked him did he have a truck outside to bring it home, he told her someone else would pick it up, she was then told who he was after he left

About 2 years ago my sisters friend who has abusiness cleaning capets etc got a call to go and clean some carpets out in Killiney, she arrived at the house, it was big, she went in and started to clean, it was a big room, and there was food etc all over the carpet, and up the walls etc, a real mess, next thing a voice goes who are you, she turned around and who was there but Bono, she asked what had gone on and he told her they had a party the night before and things got out of hand, he went and got some photo and here was pictures of a food fight involving himself, edge and a group of kids!!,

tyrrellspass said:
I went to school with a girl called Lorna Moxam, her uncle Donald Moxam was the music teacher in Mt Temple, he helped them get time to rehearse etc, he gets a good mention in their new book.

my sister is a teacher, her friend taught Bono's kids in Primary school

My friend is a nurse who looks after edge's daughter when in hospital

I met Bono at the premier of rattle & hum movie in London, only a shake of a hand

I met the band in sept last in Dublin during their book launch, asked Bono to arrange for me to get into the eclipse, gave him my email address etc, didnt hear back

one of my friends lives out not far from bono in Killiney Co Dublin, one morning a few years back he was walking along the beach which runs behind bono's house, he met bono and his kids strolling along, gave him a nod and kept going

The guy who done some floor tiling for me is a doorman in a club called Lillies in Dublin, regular has a chat with Bono, mainly on a Thursday night when Bono goes out in Dublin City

A girl who I work with has a sister who works in an antique shop in Dublin, a few months back the Edge came in and was having a look round, she didnt have a clue who he was, he brought a table and she asked him did he have a truck outside to bring it home, he told her someone else would pick it up, she was then told who he was after he left

About 2 years ago my sisters friend who has abusiness cleaning capets etc got a call to go and clean some carpets out in Killiney, she arrived at the house, it was big, she went in and started to clean, it was a big room, and there was food etc all over the carpet, and up the walls etc, a real mess, next thing a voice goes who are you, she turned around and who was there but Bono, she asked what had gone on and he told her they had a party the night before and things got out of hand, he went and got some photo and here was pictures of a food fight involving himself, edge and a group of kids!!,

Wow, those are great!! Thank you so much for sharing!!
I really hope I can run in to Bono out on the town in Dublin when I go! :) I won't bother him, I just want to catch a glimpse of him!
Any tips are appreciated! Lillies on a Thursday night sounds like a plan! Thank you again! :D

Lillies Bordello/Honolulu

yep, Thursday night is usually Bono's night out in Dublin, avoids the hassle of weekends, maybe a bite to eat in Shanahans on the Green, down to Lillies, or else to Renards.

If you come to Dublin, let me know and we can see what can be arranged

Re: Lillies Bordello/Honolulu

tyrrellspass said:
yep, Thursday night is usually Bono's night out in Dublin, avoids the hassle of weekends, maybe a bite to eat in Shanahans on the Green, down to Lillies, or else to Renards.

If you come to Dublin, let me know and we can see what can be arranged

Awesome! I will keep that in mind!
Thanks again!

:up: Wow, these are great stories, lucky you to be living in Dublin and have so many U2 encounters, and knowing people who have had. Thank you for sharing. The food fight story is hilarious. These guys sure love to have fun.

Honolulu pictures wanted Edges side

yea, you get to hear lots of stories, but believe it or not dont see too much of the band around these days.

tyrrellspass,
Next time I am in Dublin I will have to look you up.. GREAT GREAT STORIES!! Wish I knew you in 2004 when I went to Ireland for 2 weeks.. We even stayed at the Clarence.. no sightings tho. We went by Bono's house, hanover quay, Windmill. Nothing.. We did stay at the house of girl who married the bassist of The Cranberries..

Back
Top Bottom