HONDURAS LOST!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
WE'RE NOT GOINGT TO THE WORLD CUP ANYMORE!!!
WE HAE TO WAIT ANOTHER YEAR, THAT'S SO UNFAIR, AND IN A COUNTRY AS LAME AS HONDURAS THE ONLY FUN WE EVER GET IS SOCCER....
WWWAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!

sob sob
frown.gif

Hey, it's not all bad. The Green Bay Packers won yesterday! 6-2 Baby!

------------------
Schabow

Too bad, the better team obviously won.
QUE VIVA MEXICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ADELANTE AL MUNDIAL (;
Revenge for 82'.

Not yet, we go for the last place in the world cup - we get a playoff with the no.5 sth american team, because we won the Oceania group (*yay*). That looks like either brazil or uraguay at the mement, both former world cup winners
frown.gif

I know what you mean BrownEyedBoy, The Netherlands didn't make it either
frown.gif
frown.gif

(we gotta dump Van Gaal)

Anyway, qualfied so far:
France,Japan, South Korea, China, Saudi Arabia, Cameroon, Senegal, Tunisia, Nigeria, South-Africa, Poland, Italy, England, Sweden, Spain, Russia, Croatia, Portugal, Denmark, USA, Costa Rica, Mexico, Argentina, Paraquay, Ecuador and:

Germany or Ukrainia (1-1)
Romania or Slovenia (1-2)
Czech Rep. or Belium (0-1)
Turkey or Austria (1-0)
Iran or Ireland (0-2)

Australia gets a playoff with the no.5 South American team, That will be either Brazil, Uruguay or Colombia. No.4 will be qualified directly......

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

Well, Brazil pretty much sucks at the moment...

Only team that scares me from that list is France. Rest seems like piece of cake.

[This message has been edited by U2@NYC (edited 11-13-2001).]

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:
France are crap.

Dark horses are Spain. Mark my words!

Spain always has great qualifying series but also always fail at the real big tournaments. It has to be argentina next year....
Why???? Simple stats...
1962: Brazil (South-America)
1966: England (Europe)
1970: Brazil (SA)
1974: Germany (E)
1978: Argentina (SA)
1982: Italy (E)
1986: Argentina (SA)
1990: Germany (E)
1994: Brazil (SA)
1998: France (Europe)
2002: SOUTH AMERICA (Argentina, 'cause they're simply by far the best South American team at the moment)

Also: Batistuta, Kily Gonzalez, Simioni, Claudio Lopez, Crespo, Carlos Roa, Veron, Ayala, Saviola, Almeyda, Sensini.....just to name a few

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

I was born a free man, I will die a free man

Hi!
As my country can?t have a national team, CATALUNYA, the same thing as EUSKADI, then my preferences are with ANDORRA and NETHERLAND but they are not classified....it sucksss!
Netherland has a lot of Bar?a players (FC BARCELONA)as Cocu, Kluivert,DeBoer or reiziger....but VanGaal too!!
so, I like the world cup cos Spain always falls...jajajaja...and this time won?t be and exception!
then, my favourite team is ARGENTINA...but with Saviola and Riquelme,,,I hope!
so

There is only one country that should be in this that isn't yet...........IRELAND!!!!

And come tomorrow we could well be there
eek.gif

To think....we got 24 points outta a possible 30, unbeaten, knocked out the Dutch, and STILL we aren't through
confused.gif

Luck of the Irish my arse!
tongue.gif

And after losing out on the last 3 major competitions on playoffs, we gotta win this one, pleaaaaaaaase!!!

And I agree with Vors, Argentina looking mightily strong, and Spain aren't exactly dark horses, many are tipping them. I think it is between those 2, and Italy and of course France and.......IRELAND!!!

Please please please don't feck it up tomorrow lads!

Originally posted by lazyboy:
knocked out the Dutch, and STILL we aren't through
confused.gif
well, we suck even worse than Brazil right now

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I know, and it is tough to suck more than Brazil.

I think that Brazil will make it, though and that they will have a good World Cup. When we won in 86 we barely made it (we tied Peru with a goal in the last minute). It is all about experience.

Vamos, vamos Argentina...

Well Pablo and others, we didn?t suck that much tonight...and we made it, Brasil 3 x 0 Venezuela, we qualified in 3rd, after Argentina and Ecuador. The tradition continues, Brasil will be in the World Cup 2002, the only country to participate in all World Cups, since the first one.

Although I agree that we are not in our best shape we?ll see what happens when the time has come.
smile.gif

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

Congrats, MT. Told you that Brazil was going to make it. But you should improve a lot, or you will get your butt kicked in the first round...

It will be good to play Brazil again in the World Cup and remember those good, old times... (1990 World Cup...).

Thanks Pablo, I'll try to pass your advice to Felip?o, hehe

You know I'm not exactly crazy about football...but I'm Brazilian, so I'm glad we made it.

We'll see what happens.
smile.gif

I think that Argentina is the only one who can beat France this WC. They are the only team that outplayed us (croatia) in the last WC, and now theey are even much stronger!
Australia is good and I hope that they'll qualify, but they are inexperienced.
Ireland has no chance - they will be lucky if they go to the next stage

Oh U2@ny I just now see that you are Argentinian.
You will have my respect only when you say (you don't have to mean it just say it
smile.gif
) that Croatia is a good team and that we will beat everyone except you

Back
Top Bottom