Holy Wow (LA3)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UCLAforU2

The Fly
Just got back from LA3. Wow, my only show of this leg, and shit guys, that had to be the most thrilling experience of my life.

I was just floored.

Holy fuck.

Have all the third leg shows been like this? Cause, damn, that was absolutely amazing. Blew my mind. Edge was on fire. Bono was great. Larry said "Hi"

Damn glad i decided to take prop's offer for an upgrade instead of give up on going.

Im just speechless.

From U2tours.com

Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, Mysterious Ways, Out of Control, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Stuck in a Moment, Kite, Wild Honey, Please, Bad / Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Where the Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Pride
Encore(s): Bullet the Blue Sky, What's Going On?, New York, One, Peace on Earth / Walk On

Comments: Mysterious Ways makes it's first appearance since the Montreal show at the start of leg 3. Out of Control contains a couple of lines from the song Into the Heart. A young girl is brought on stage for Wild Honey, and Bono and the Edge sing the song to her. During Bad, Bono takes a cell phone from the audience and sings a portion of the song into it. During Streets, Bono takes an American flag from the audience, and runs laps around the heart with the flag trailing behind him.

[This message has been edited by UCLAforU2 (edited 11-20-2001).]

I dont know about the radio broadacast, I will be tuning in tomorrow at 9 on Arrow 93.1 to see what the deal is.

The show tonight was awesome and Bono took my friend's Ireland shirt during Sunday Bloody Sunday. It was so weird, he stopped and looked down and said, "let me have that" and of course my friend takes the shirt off his back and hands it to Bono. He went on to say stuff about hoping the peace in Ireland lasts. A security guy fbrought the shirt back at the end of the song after it had stayed at the tip for the whole song.

Yes it was a particularly energetic and emotional show and he said that they would probably not be back for a long while and he wanted to let Los Angeles know that he does love this city. He loves how imagination can drive the city, how it is a city full of imagination.

It was cool having a full miute or so of total Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses at the end of Bad, not just a couple of lines this time. Very awesome. The whole thing was good.

The bad part was I didnt get in the heart (#377 in line at 11:30 AM, HELLLOOOO!) but we were on the rail outside the heart just to the left of the tip.

Wow. What a show....now Im sad, no more Elevations for me. Oh well, 6 in one year should be enough....

OH and Tuesday I get my own Elevation to watch over and over from Best Buy to hold me over til next time...

Today is UTuesday on Arrow 93.1
LA3 is going to be broadcast on there at 9pm tonight.
smile.gif

http://www.arrowfm.com

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Chris!!!! How are you my friend?? It was fun talking U2 with you and sula. And thanks so much for the ride back to my car Saturday night (As sula knows, I might have otherwise spent the night crashed out on a slot machine.. lol). Take care.

-Kevin

YES,

I had an awesome time at the show last night, also my first this leg. Got to Staples a little after 9:00am, was #276 in line (who are these people that get there earlier??). Made it into the heart and had a blast.

Highlights for me:
No Doubt was great. Gwen is hot. The drummer is funny.

Out of Control and Still Haven't Found, because I had never heard those live.

When Bono took the little girl (i.e. 10-11 years old) up on stage I thought that was great, she had no clue what to do.

Bono took a cell phone from someone about 3 people in front of me and sang part of a song into it. Imagine listening to the show, and then having Bono sing to you over the phone all of a sudden!!!

Saw Diamondbruno in his sexydiamonvest arrive. He was very well-behaved throughout the night from what I could tell. Maybe he was just tired from Vegas? (db9, I was the guy sitting on the corner in the dark blue t-shirt right when you drove up and asked where are they giving out numbers?).

Lastly:

If anyone has any pictures I would love to see them, I ran out of film with about 5 songs to go, including the Gwen and Bono duet on What's Going On.

Anyway, still excited to say the least.

-Ody

Ummm,

This posted twice, but I have no idea why....

[This message has been edited by Ody (edited 11-20-2001).]

Originally posted by pub crawler:
Chris!!!! How are you my friend?? It was fun talking U2 with you and sula. And thanks so much for the ride back to my car Saturday night (As sula knows, I might have otherwise spent the night crashed out on a slot machine.. lol). Take care.
-Kevin

Kevin!! I too enjoyed hanging out with you this weekend. Thanks for teaching me the mastery of the slot machine. Errr..or at least...how to waste your quarters by putting them in a machine and pressing a button.
wink.gif
btw, check your email.

-sula

Oh, I forgot to do celebrity sightings:

Confirmed (i.e. I saw them);

The Olson Twins (hahaha) were sitting in GC section 113 right to the left of us. Everyone around me was pointing and laughing at them.

Angelica Houston (was a little higher and to the left of the Olsons, but I forget the section).

One of the guys from that 70s show, and the guy from My So Called Life (bah, I wish I could remember names)

Unconfirmed: (I did not see them, but other people said they did)

Ben Stiller
Chris Katan
Jay Leno

WOW!!!!!!!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!
I AM SO ELEVATED!! STill!...What friggin AWESOME AWESOME SHOW! The best one I have seen this year!....I was at LA#2 and it was good..but this one surpassed that completely! I was so thrilled to see them bring mysterious ways and out of control! wow! And it was so cute when they brought the little girl up, she was so cute. Bono just danced and sung around her and both him and Edge sang to her.. Being in the heart and at the tip is the best place to be! We were less than 5ft from them..I am spoiled now can't go back to reserve seats now.
I met Otto and he was so kewl...looked worn out tho(hehehe), he's only been to 15 shows in a row!!! Amazing!
I am pretty positive that I saw a older woman and man, she looked just like Ally..So, I am pretty sure that was her..but can't confirm it.
I am so sad tho, that was my last show. Wish I could see them more.
Anyways..anyone who went, post...I love to read your comments..

Peace!

I was at San Jose 2 and Slane 1 but I must say, LA3 ROCKED! I think the highlights have already been done, but the biggest one for me from the actual show was when Larry sort of sauntered to the mic as everyone was leaving the stage and said something like "Thank you"
After the show, got pics of Bono talking to Naomi Campell (I think that was the lady in the limo), and autograph and pics of Edge. I got most of my pics today and most of them sucked (my camera battery was dying a slow death) but there are a few good ones considering I had a seat for this show. I'll figure out a way to post them but I'm sure there were people in the heart who had much better pics.

------------------
When you put on the leather pants, the pants start telling you what to do. - Bono

Sicy and POPAngel!! Yes, I was at the Hard Rock and Wax Museum (and I visited the GA Line), and I honestly wanted to introduce myself to you two (and a bunch of others) but it felt kind of intimidating to walk up to people I've never met and introduce myself. Actually, I had the good fortune of hanging out with sula at Hard Rock and I'd be like "Sula, who's that over there??" and she'd tell me then she'd offer to introduce me -- and I did meet a few people that way. Anyway, I'm sorry I didn't meet you two!! I should have asked sula to introduce me.
frown.gif
For what it's worth, I'm in the Wax Museum group picture in the "VEGAS PICS Part I" thread. Just look for the tall guy in back on the right with his eyes freakin' SHUT!! LOL!
biggrin.gif

Oh, and jesseu2 introduced me to jezebel -- Hi jesse and jez!
smile.gif

Btw, sula, thanks for the nice compliment above!!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
(I especially like the "mofo" part...hahaha!).

Did Vegas kick ass, or what!!!

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Blarg pubcrawler where were you! I never got to meet you.

frown.gif

He was the tall goodlookin' mofo who resembles Liam Neeson.
biggrin.gif
You sure you didn't meet him cuz he was right there at the bar.

Originally posted by pub crawler:
Actually, I had the good fortune of hanging out with sula at Hard Rock and I'd be like "Sula, who's that over there??" and she'd tell me then she'd offer to introduce me -- and I did meet a few people that way.

Did Vegas kick ass, or what!!!

Help me remember, that was you walking the streets with us after the hard rock, right pub crawler? I didn't get you in any of my pics, but you were cool!

Back
Top Bottom