Holy Shit It;s Official - NEW DATES ON U2.COM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ehhh I dont get it.

Why dont they go somewhere they havent gone yet.

------------------
Zooming In
Zooming Out
Nothing I Can't Do Without

They are:

Tampa, St. Louis, Kansas City, Sacramento

U2 have announced a further series of concert dates, extending their present sell-out Elevation 2001 Tour into December.

Confirmed additional dates include Sacramento (November 20th), Phoenix (November 23rd), Dallas (November 25th), Kansas (November 27th), St Louis (November 28th), Atlanta (November 30th), Tampa (December 1st) and Miami (December 2nd).

Dates begin to go on sale this Saturday November 10th.

See below for Dates, Venues and on-sales (all times are local):

November 20th - Sacremento, Arco Arena - On sale Nov 10th, 10am

November 23rd - Phoenix, America West Arena - On sale Nov 10th, 10am

November 25th - Dallas, Reunion Arena - On sale Nov 10th, 12noon

November 27th - Kansas City, Kemper Arena - On sale Nov 10th, 10am

November 28th - St Louis, Savvis Center - On sale Nov 10th, 10am

November 30th - Atlanta, Philips Arena - On sale Nov 10th, 10am

December 1st - Tampa, Ice Palace - On sale Nov 17th, 10am

December 2nd - Miami, American Airlines Arena - On sale Nov 17th, 10am

For futher information please contact www.cc.com

Hooray for St. Louis and KC!

I'm glad you get to see them!

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

Originally posted by ramblin rose:
They are:

heh, this may be the funniest post I have read in a long time

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Hate to say I told you so BUT, I told you so. No Boston! and primarily shows in the southeast and lower midwest.

Originally posted by Salome:
Originally posted by ramblin rose:
They are:

heh, this may be the funniest post I have read in a long time

I know that you mean that they aren't going to South America or Australia. But I think it would have been really unrealistic to think that in the three weeks left before the end of the year they would be planning to venture to another continent. What I meant was cities in the U.S. (i.e. this is a 3rd leg extension) that people have been griping about for months.

Um yeah, Sacramento is the closest to me, 2 hrs away but shit, I cant swing 3 concerts in 7 days, hell no.

I'm done after Vegas.

I'm happy with what I've got.

------------------
Zooming In
Zooming Out

Is Prop going to even do these shows?
Dang, I'm sorry everyone...I dunno...

Well I am very happy for you folks in KC in St. Louis!!! Though it looks like my tour ended in Philly as I am no longer going to Vegas. And I think the boyfriend would kill me if I opted out of our little Boston weekend away to go to Miami on Dec 2nd.

I can't be jealous. I went to a load of shows and my credit card is melting as a result. Its probably a good thing that they are coming nowhere near me!

------------------
...Its no secret that a liar won't believe in anyone else...

Originally posted by mocool12:
Is Prop going to even do these shows?
Dang, I'm sorry everyone...I dunno...

I'd say there is almost no chance of Prop doing these shows. They start in two weeks, and I doubt there would be enough time to mail out forms and receive payment and also mail out tickets.

I would think about St Louis, but I've already seen them three times in Chicago. I'm happy with that.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Um yeah, Sacramento is the closest to me, 2 hrs away but shit, I cant swing 3 concerts in 7 days, hell no.

I'm done after Vegas.

I'm happy with what I've got.

Yep, me too, Sicy.

But, good thing I'm having company on the 23rd or else I would be sorely tempted to drive to Phoenix!!!!

@$@#%$%#%@!!!!
icon30.gif

That's what I think of the Phoenix date!

I really wanted to go to a Phoenix show with my only U2 fanatic friend, but unless I can get Scotty to beam me there after having Thanksgiving with my family it isn't going to happen.
frown.gif

I'm glad to see the Midwest dates. Hope the folks there don't freeze waiting in line
eek.gif

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
YES!
YES
YES
YES!!!
DB9

Um for the love of God you've just been to 6 shows in a month.. do you really need to go to more???

HOO HAH!!!

Gah.

------------------
Zooming In
Zooming Out

I concede this may be living in denial, but I haven't seen anything that precludes more dates being added after Miami. The Miami-Miami thing does seem to suggest closure, but who really knows? Until an official source says that there definitely will be no more dates, I'm keeping hope alive for one or two more in Boston.

i'm not giving up on Boston yet, either... there's a scalper advertising GAs for dec. 12th and 13th at the Fleet center. not that you can trust a sketchy broker, but i'm still hoping it's true!

congrats to those in the Midwest.
smile.gif

I suppose I should just be happy that I got to see them in April, but I can't believe that U2 would ignore the Northwest (Vancouver BC, Seattle, Portland, Boise) for the entire third leg. There are millions of people in this region, many of which would love to see U2 again. Have fun if you're going to the shows...I wish I could come...

Originally posted by Zoocoustic:
I suppose I should just be happy that I got to see them in April, but I can't believe that U2 would ignore the Northwest (Vancouver BC, Seattle, Portland, Boise) for the entire third leg. There are millions of people in this region, many of which would love to see U2 again. Have fun if you're going to the shows...I wish I could come...

I live in the Northwest too, but you have to admit it would be pretty unlikely they would come back. I don't think many bands play the Northwest more than once (on one tour, I mean). There's a couple of big cities up here but overall it is a bit out of the way.

I would have died of happiness if they'd come back here (assuming I'd been able to go!) but I feel worse for the many parts of the world that didn't get them at all on this tour. I really don't get it, considering they took the mega-expensive Popmart tour absolutely everywhere.

------------------
So wind blow through to my heart
So wind blow through my soul

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 11-06-2001).]

Originally posted by MacFly2:
All I can say is Propaganda better help me for Miami.. Cause I had no luck with Ticketmaster back in January.

Prop will NOT be offering tix for this 3rd leg extension. Their website just posted this. I don't see how they could, except for maybe the Florida shows, there just isn't enough time. I mean, for Sacremento, the tix go on sale 10 days before the show.

I'm glad all you St. Louis finally get to see them on this tour. Hmmm, I don't know if I'm happy or sad that they aren't coming back to Chicago. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see them again here, but I don't know if I could spend all that money again, and my parents would probably disown me anyway

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

Looks like Dallas is going to give me another shot for the front row, huh? I can't believe that they added KC, ST Louis AND Dallas all out of the blue. This is remarkable!!

To quote the Pointer Sisters: I'm so excited and I just can't hide it...oh no"
smile.gif

I think those of you still holding out for more Boston shows are dreaming. But you never know I guess. I certainly would never have guessed that they would extend this tour. I have heard a rumor about Wilkes Barre PA also (seriously) so maybe they will work their way back up that way. But I still doubdt it. Ending in nice warm Miami where it all began seems kind of fitting really.

Besides, can you imagine camping out for GA in the middle of December in Boston? Chicago in mid October was bad enough!

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 11-06-2001).]

Another nail in the coffin for Australia,South America,Asia and Europe.
Ok I saw them in London in August 3 times and long for them to come back...BUT! I would rather see them do dates to the above continents they haven't been to yet like Australia,South America and Asia before they did Europe again,this is only fair as they have already been here for a handful of shows, nothing like the mega USA marathon they are on at the moment.This is not sour grapes but I mean c'mon U2! Your fan base does not reside in the USA alone! I can't believe that they played Sydney and released a video of it but they have no plans of playing there!
Well maybe next year as the rumours are going, of a worldwide stadium tour, and if so they better remember who they missed out this time around!

Back
Top Bottom