Holy Joe: Garage Mix or Guilty Mix?...and why

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's the 3rd possibility...none...I forgot about it...too late.
wink.gif

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 10-27-2001).]

It's a short question, which one do you prefer? And what are the possible reasons?

Me? Guilty Mix
Why? short answer.....> Bono
biggrin.gif
I love the way he sings, very funky, the low-key voice in the beginning and that thing he does, you know, those sobbings "ah, ah", a la Michael Jackson (now I'll be flamed, LOL).

and you?

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

I only had the Discotheque cassette for a long time so i got very used to the Garage mix. Then i got the CD with the Guilty mix and thought that was really cool. I haven't listened to either for probably the best part of a year, but i would say the Garage mix just shades it; bouncier and good drumming...

m y s p r i t .

Originally posted by Matthew_Page2000:
I remember this debate raging on Wire back in 1997 and we finally decided that it was the version you heard first.

Ah, but I heard the Guilty Mix first, but later downloaded the Garage Mix, and I like the Garage Mix better.
wink.gif

Both are pretty cool, though, in my opinion.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

I like Holy Joe live from Kmart

------------------
You Just Can't Get Enough Of That Lovey Dovey Stuff...

*follower thinks "what a nice people...", she puts Bono and Michael Jackson in the same paragraph, and she hasn?t got flamed...yet
biggrin.gif

Okay, it seems that I?m the only one who prefers the Guilty Mix. Now I?m wondering if there is something wrong with me
rolleyes.gif

And Hitman, I don?t have that one.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom