Holy Crap! It was a U2/Flanagan Extravaganza!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
The last couple of nights, I have found myself watching a lot of VH1. They had the Top 100 Best Rock Moments on TV or something like that, and U2 was mentioned during the part about The Simpsons and Bill Flanagan talked A LOT...About Johnny Cash and others...They showed parts of Live Aid too and I don't remember what else...Bill Flanagan is awesome!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Originally posted by wertsie:
The last couple of nights, I have found myself watching a lot of VH1. They had the Top 100 Best Rock Moments on TV or something like that, and U2 was mentioned during the part about The Simpsons and Bill Flanagan talked A LOT...About Johnny Cash and others...They showed parts of Live Aid too and I don't remember what else...Bill Flanagan is awesome!

And so his book U2 At The End Of The World!

Last night on VH1 they had the history of rock and roll thing and it was mostly about the british invasion and mowtown. Bono was interviewed and he had blonde hair and a beard. it was taped back in 1995, if i remember correctly it was originally aired on PBS as like a 5 parter because it went from 60's british invasion to like 1995 era music.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by tiny dancer:
And so his book U2 At The End Of The World!

Yep! Definitely! That's where my whole "Flanagan is awesome!" thing started.

You know what I find really interesting? I know that the band was a little upset with Carter Alan after he published his book...I guess he had casually mentioned the book to them before but they never really thought it would happen. When it did, they were a little bothered becasue Alan had always presented himself as more of a friend and they felt a little violated somehow...And with Flanagan, the band KNEW that he was writing a book and knew what their relationship was...But Flanagan's book, imho, is so much more personal and insightful than Alan's...Hmmm...

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Originally posted by martha:
Motown.

haha what a typo. not as bad as the time i made this mistake: "i threw it out my wondow".

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by wertsie:
Yep! Definitely! That's where my whole "Flanagan is awesome!" thing started.

You know what I find really interesting? I know that the band was a little upset with Carter Alan after he published his book...I guess he had casually mentioned the book to them before but they never really thought it would happen. When it did, they were a little bothered becasue Alan had always presented himself as more of a friend and they felt a little violated somehow...And with Flanagan, the band KNEW that he was writing a book and knew what their relationship was...But Flanagan's book, imho, is so much more personal and insightful than Alan's...Hmmm...

Flanagan's book is much more personal, fun, and really shows what their life is like. (or what we perceive to be, anyway.) Alan's book.. well, let's just say I've had it since early December and I still haven't read the entire thing, but I've read Flanagan's countless times.
wink.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

Originally posted by david:
haha what a typo. not as bad as the time i made this mistake: "i threw it out my wondow".

I can't type worth a damn, either. That's why I don't go into chat; I have to look at the keyboard, so I miss all of the conversation.

------------------

You have fairly generic bunions. --my podiatrist, 4-11-02

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom