HMMMMM, Let's get this straight...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
Allright...
I know this is premature but I gotta know if I know everything.

What do we know about the next U2 album as of now?

This is what I can think of:

According to Larry there were several record-worthy tracks left off ATYCLB because of their harder rocking feel. i.e. they didnt fit the mould. However he said that he'd like to go back to them for the next album.

tracks left off atyclb which could be included:
Home (walk on?)
Sun, the moon and the stars
Origin of species
Tough
Bulldozer
Stir My Soul
Novelty Act
Levitate (elevation?)
Snow is falling
Everywhere I go

Edge has made it pretty clear they want to start the record soon.
smile.gif

They performed that 'I Love You' song which could be indicative of their writing style going into recording sessions.

Bono (rest of U2 too?) is working on tracks for the 'Gangs of New York' film soundtrack which may be released before the end of 2001. (in which case they'd be in the studio by now or soon) So work done on this soundtrack could appear on the next album.

Can anybody else think of anything known?

------------------
And I felt like a star...

*bump*

cmon!! is this an unpopular topic of discussion?!
smile.gif

let me know if this type of thing has already been posted a million times before.

------------------

Note:Original of Species! not origin of species.. if you watch the video about the making of ATYCLB in the exclusives section at u2.com and they briefly show a whiteboard with some song titles. This leads me to believe it may be the same as Novelty Act.. just cause it's the same meaning basically. But who knows?

I'm not sure about the Gangs of New York having an impact on the new album... MDH and ATYCLB were drastically different in style. Bono probably uses the solo projects to try out some stuff that wouldn't fit the U2 mould as well. Then again I hope that's not actually his mentality because I love experimental U2!

Ohhhhhhhh, I had almost forgotten about The Sun, The Moon, And The Stars. I really want to hear that song. And I agree with SkeeK -- I'd love to hear something more experimental this time around. But really, whatever. Who am I kidding? I just want another album.

I Love You was a little more 'experimental' I suppose in that it didnt stick to the conventional verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus structure that many atyclb songs did. But then again, the song was hardly finished.

I really want to hear Stir My Soul.. the Rolling Stone article made it sound so cool!

------------------

Originally posted by SkeeK:
Note:Original of Species! not origin of species.. if you watch the video about the making of ATYCLB in the exclusives section at u2.com and they briefly show a whiteboard with some song titles. This leads me to believe it may be the same as Novelty Act.. just cause it's the same meaning basically. But who knows?

This must be that infamous 12th track then.

Back
Top Bottom