Hmmm...The album affects the perception...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I was always one of those people who pushed the "skip" button while listening to JT whenever Red Hill Mining Town came up. But now, I'm listening to it all by itself, apart from JT, and I'm really enjoying it. I don't know...I guess I always skipped it before because it didn't seem to fit the overall feel of JT to me. The same might even be true for Trip Through Your Wires, another that I tend to skip...But I haven't tested it out on that song yet.

Interesting theory. Perhaps that's why I usually skip "The First Time" when listening to Zooropa. It sticks out like a sore thumb to me. But when I'm listening to the MDH soundtrack, I listen to it. Hmmm...I think you're on to something.

HeartlandGirl said:
Interesting theory. Perhaps that's why I usually skip "The First Time" when listening to Zooropa. It sticks out like a sore thumb to me. But when I'm listening to the MDH soundtrack, I listen to it. Hmmm...I think you're on to something.

:up: I have done the same thing! It's really weird, because I usually ignored The First Time when it was on Zooropa...but then MDH came along and now I love it!

Same thing happened to me with Running To Stand Still...I found it boring at first, then I began to listen to it alone on the comp...and now I :heart: it! It's one of my Top Ten favorite U2 songs!

Back
Top Bottom