His hair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like it the way it is, it's very touchable and flattering. He's sexy! Bono always has looked better with longer hair. I think he likes it long, and he has a right so leave him alone. His best friends Gavin and Guggi have long hair too. Bono, don't listen to them, some of us are very happy with the hair!

I don't get how anyone could think Bono looks old ... he looks young thirties at worst.

If he reaches the "Father Jack" stage then we can get worried.
jack.jpg

I can't understand at all how anyone could think longer hair makes him look older :confused: I think it makes him look younger and more good looking. If he cut it all off then he would look old. The Miss Sarajevo look was perhaps the worst look ever. He reminded me of an old man who hangs around country stores playing checkers. To this day I cringe at those pics and call them the 'old man' pics. I'd rather he retire than ever look like that again.

Is it that some people just plain don't like long hair as a preference, or that they don't think it's okay for 'old' people to have long hair? Is society still that restrained and backward in thinking, what, is it 1964 again? I'm really starting to get mad about all this, why? Are some of you jealous of his hair? Do some of you not want girls drooling over him? I can't see anything wrong with his hair. It's Larry's and Adam's hair that I don't like, it's much too short and makes them look older! If they'd grow it out some they would look younger! And again, he is a rock star, he's not a banker. Whatever anti-long hair views some may hold, I'm so glad Bono doesn't agree.

Last edited:
I think longer hair makes him look older, in addition to the lines on the face and wrinkles that have arrived (starting with Pop). He's had long hair for most of his career, why not give another haircut a chance?

Consider men DO lose their hair and go bald, it's a natural process. And they DO get grey hair, like Adam's. Which I don't mind. Larry's had very short hair since Pop, too. And Edge, from what we've seen on the hatless pics posted, is basically almost bald.
Why is it that important to some how his hair looks like and why can't anyone ever say anything critical about Bono's hair without getting flamed? BTW people don't look at someone's hair do determind their age, but their face.

(remember the hair implant comments during the last tour? the longer he keeps it up, the more suspicious it's gonna look and he's gonna become the butt of jokes)

I think that the ultra-short shaven Pop look was too much, but so is what he's wearing now. (the color makes it look passable, much better than the reddish color he had for the past two years) I think he looked younger with the BD/ES haircut, or at least shorter Elevation hair - though even that, once he sweated it out during a show, looked odd.

There's plenty of famous bald (or almost bald) men out there that prove it's not the end of the world: Kojak, Sean Connery (did you know he was voted sexiest man? sporting his current look, mind you), Michael Jordan (ok he shaved it, but still), and from the world of music, Michael Stipe.

Last edited:
:huh: My husband came home from work yesterday with the USA Today newspaper which has U2 on the front page of the Life section, this is what he said " He's needs a haircut"!

Mind you I never said a word or prompted comment in regards to such said picture.

Just thought I'd throw in a comment from a causual fan of the band.

:| :| :|

partygirl2u said:
:huh: My husband came home from work yesterday with the USA Today newspaper which has U2 on the front page of the Life section, this is what he said " He's needs a haircut"!

See that's the kind of 1964 redneck mentality concerning hair I thought society had overcome. It's just like the Easy Rider creeps 'why dontcha git a haircut' and the people who called the Beatles' hair long. Hasn't time and rock and roll taught anyone how stupid and backward that is?:rolleyes:

I don't think it makes him look old or young
but IMO this particular haircut looks rather crappy on Bono

I'm sure there are loads of people who would look great with a haircut like that (mostly women though :wink: )

U2kitten dont go implying anyone is a redneck SIMPLY for making an offhand comment that long hair should/could/perhaps could be cut.

Fair dinkum people.
:sigh:

Um, the Pop Chop is not "skinhead". Maybe when Bono was bald it was "skinhead", but that was for what like one week at most? People make such a huge deal over it but I'm tellin ya, go to the beach or mall or any public place and see just how many guys have hair and inch or shorter. I don't like the new style. Probably b/c it reminds me of my dad's hair right before he gets a hair cut! I'm not gonna vote for a mullet either, not b/c I think mullets look kinda gross, but b/c Bono's hair is obviously way thinner than it was in the mid-80s and he'd probably needs 3 hrs of styling just to get a nice froofy mullet. Sorry, but something more along the lines of the Pop Chop or pre-ATYCLB just seems the most practical, and I'm all for practicality. I wouldn't want to spend hrs dying and styling my hair, so why should Bono?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I wouldn't want to spend hrs dying and styling my hair, so why should Bono?

Because he's a star, a celebrity with high visibility. They have to keep up appearances. I really don't see why that's such a big deal, it's very common, all famous people do it and nobody really talks about it. Bono would probably laugh at how far this has gone! (and I'm guilty too of course)

Last edited:
my favorite look was the pop era

the whole band was badass back then

i really dont like the long hair look, especially now that he cant really pull it off

to quote bono during the pop special talking about 80's bands still trying to hang on, "cut your fucking hair."

disclaimer - bono's hair has nothing to do with why i like u2 or their music, i was just stating my preference

Last edited:
Flying FuManchu said:
I think Bono should bring back this look... the male slut/ white trash look is cool...

bono_ha.jpg

:barf:

That's my absolute all time least favorite pic of him. I have about 2000 pics of him, this is not one I save. There are some good Pop pics but that is the worst. He looks trashy, smelly, and like a wife beater, a real creep. It doesn't suit him at all. He's too pretty to look that gross.

U2Kitten said:

See that's the kind of 1964 redneck mentality concerning hair I thought society had overcome. It's just like the Easy Rider creeps 'why dontcha git a haircut' and the people who called the Beatles' hair long. Hasn't time and rock and roll taught anyone how stupid and backward that is?:rolleyes:

I don't think it was a 1964 redneck mentality comment concerning Bono's hair that my hubby made. I think it was a 2004 kind of way of saying "Bono" in my husbands opinion needs a haircut. I think that if the USA Today would have used the Black & White promo pic my hubby would not have said a word about Bono's hair cos the other pic is way better and projects everyone in the band in a much better fashion. imho

so anyhoo,,,

See how a picture can launch a thousand ships!?:wink:
or 1,001 threads about Bono's hair :huh:

Last edited:
Man...the more I read this sort of stuff, the more I think he doesn´t deserve it, LOL. Poor Bono...such a great songwriter and singer...he must feel like the Samson of rock´n´roll indeed :D

I must add though, this is amusing reading :lmao:

MT

Last edited:
I personally liked his Elevation era hair the best. Jet black and kind of long = awesome.

The mullet... no way. No friggin way. He'd be the laughing stock of the entire music industry and for good reason too. Mullets look completely ridiculous now and extremely ugly.

The Joshua Tree hair.... too feminine IMO. I just don't like it much.

The Pop look was ok. I liked how he looked in the Staring at the Sun and Please videos. I think that's an ok look.

I liked his hair alot in those two promo photos from U2.com. I thought those were pretty darn cool. I think that look would be awesome on him. It makes him look so sleek. From the photos for the Vertigo video shoot I didn't like his hair alot there. Not my style. I think he should lose the hat too.

i wish we could pool all of the following threads into one and detonate them with an atomic bomb:

what is up with bono's hair?
what is up with bono's voice?
don't you think ATYCLB is so weak ass?

this is his hair.
this is his voice.
these are his records.

i know all this is comin from a true place from everyone.
but get over it!!
:)

I always thought that was a big part of it, a lot of guys don't have any hair and don't want Bono to have any hair and are jealous of girls saying his hair is pretty. :yes: But if you don't like hair there is always Larry and Adam to identify with. It also seems some of them are using this thread to try joke/humilate Bono into cutting off all his hair, but if he saw this he'd probably just say FOAD.

Back
Top Bottom