High on Helium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zepher25

Acrobat
i recently was experimenting with effects on beautiful day, i put pitch up to 50, it sounds like Bono is doing helium and Adam, Larry and Edge are taking LSD, buts it cool and kinda funny, you should try it and music editing program that can alter pitch would do

Odd post, but you do remind me of something:

In late November of 2000 U2 did a club show at Irving Plaza in NYC that was broadcast nationally on the radio. Before the show, they played a prerecorded interview Matt Pinfield did with the band the day before. When I heard it, I didn't recognize Bono's voice. He literally sounded like he was sucking on helium.

Not sure, but I think I remember reading/hearing that Bono had some type of medical treatment done on his throat before or during the ATYCLB sessions. Maybe that explains the way his voice sounded.

I have no knowledge of Edge, Adam or Larry doing any "sugar droppin."

i just thought it mention it, you should all try it its cool. and adam used to live the 'rock 'n' roll' lifestyle, which im pretty sure often involves 'sugar-droppin'

Try listening to some of their earlier bootlegs, Bono sounds like it all the time... vaguely like kermit the frog.

(Though I think they're mainly due to lack of full strength batteries in the tape recorder rather than helium)

Back
Top Bottom