Hidden Track on ZOOROPA vs. "A Man and a Woman"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THE SIREN said:
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

:lol:

Can I assume this means you're voting for the hidden track?

Or at least that you hate "A Man and a Woman" as much as all good people of the world do...?

Zootlesque said:
The Siren is really XHendrix24! :shh:

LIES! :mad:

Actually, after deep thought and long, hard (TEE HEE)concentration, I've concluded that The Siren's wayyy too overrated on these forums. I mean, it's great and all, but it's complete garbage compared to the random staticy radio noise at the beginning of Zooropa.

Sorry, Siren. Your 15 minutes got stale a WHILE ago. :tsk:

Zootlesque said:
The Siren is really XHendrix24! :shh:

No, it is XHendrix24 that is really The Siren.

Major difference.

The Siren, we're honored to have you as a member of Interference. Please, keep posting until we find out you're fake.

If you shout... said:
Okay, counting Zootle's post as a vote, here are the totals so far...

Hidden Track (aka, "Siren"): 8
"A Man and a Woman": 0

And I'd like to remind people that this thread isn't a joke, so please vote as you feel is appropriate.

The only joke is that the band seriously wrote, recorded, and INCLUDED ON AN ALBUM a track like "A Man and a Woman." And then they had the obscene lack of decency to actually talk non-shit about the song and praise it as something other than nothing.

Hideous, I know...but true.

that's some funny shit dude!
you're on a roll here.
fuck that crap, give me some pap!

and maybe a little sweet, sweet siren:drool:

Zootlesque said:

I'm really the noise at the beginning of Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses? (album version)

Are you kidding me? That's some of the safest noise U2 has ever done. If all four members farted simultaneously into a microphone and recorded it, it would be much more original than that piece of junk. :tsk:

XHendrix24 said:

Are you kidding me? That's some of the safest noise U2 has ever done. If all four members farted simultaneously into a microphone and recorded it, it would be much more original than that piece of junk. :tsk:

Oh yeah? When did I say I was deep and exciting? :wink:

Anyway... when are they gonna play The Siren seguing into United Colours in concert??? :drool:

1 vote for A Man & a Woman.

"Another 'babymaker' bassline from Adam."

Though that silence just before the Siren...hmm close.

Though, the Siren is good for blaring when the neighbors are being pests.

Last edited:
thrillme said:
1 vote for A Man & a Woman.

"Another 'babymaker' bassline from Adam."

Though, the Siren is good for blaring when the neighbors are being pests.

Although you have indeed given me cause to give up all hope for all mankind, I'm glad you're at least trying to (maybe...?) take all this nonsense seriously. This is a semi-poll, remember?

Sure, you've sold your soul to the devil. But at least you're puttin' yourself out there, you know? I respect that sort of shocking, reckless abandon, foolish though it is.

Anybody going to keep voting, here? Let's have it, yo.

So far, the hidden track has like a million votes. "A Man and a Donkey-Punch" has one.

Might be the XX chromosomes.

Some men just can't appreciate a gem that is 'A man & a woman.'

Noisy sirens, loud noises, car chases, firecrackers, loud engines...takes a special calibre of man to like a song like that one.

Adam and Edge have that special quality. Rare among your type. :p

Last edited:
It seems nobody here has heard the zooropa album on vinyl. The siren/beep is on the runout groove, so the noisse would be endless until you pick up the record arm needle. It's a nod to the Sgt. Pepper album which did the same thing.

Incidentally, the Siren song has been influential on many artists. Rage Against The Machine and Audioslave have incorporated the sound in many, many guitar riffs.

u2fp

Sheeez.... Looking at this thread, U2 could make an album full of sirens and it would still be hailed as a masterpiece. :D

It freaks me out everytime I play The last few tracks of zooropa at loud volume and forget about the siren.:wink:

At least The Siren didn't sample a previous U2 bassline.

Ten bucks says U2 still doesn't know The Siren is even on there. Score one for Brian Eno!

ten bucks says the siren gets banned by the end of the week :wink:

That siren freaked out my teacher last Thursday, he loves Johnny Cash, and I was playing the Wanderer for him, the volume was up loud, and I forgot about it, so it came blasting in through his surround sound stereo system :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom