Hidden sounds in Vertigo! :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katman

The Fly
Well dunno if this has been posted before but i heard some rather interesting sounds in my copy of HTDAAB.

Only Vertigo actually!

In the begining of Vertigo there's a little souns right before it gets LOUD like someone turns the amp up.

And at the end (the nice part) someone says "guys i'm calling/going" - or something else i don't understand.

Betcha it's Larry :)) he always talks on tracks!

I had the CD+DVD+Book copy but dunno if that matters.

If you play Original of the Species backwards you can hear The Edge describing his favourite salad recipie.

At around 00:18, before the singing starts, I can also hear Bono mumbling something. I just can't understand a word, but there is something there.

And about "original"
If you actually reverse the track you'll hear at about 1:42 into the song something like "ooh, I need am a she moves my heart, Lee"
:lmao:

edit: And at about 3:53 you can hear Bono going something like
"(save?) Yourself...Howie"

Last edited:
The_Edge89 said:
And about "original"
If you actually reverse the track you'll hear at about 1:42 into the song something like "ooh, I need am a she moves my heart, Lee"
:lmao:

edit: And at about 3:53 you can hear Bono going something like
"(save?) Yourself...Howie"

:lol:
good to know.

Canadiens1160 said:
If you play Original of the Species backwards you can hear The Edge describing his favourite salad recipie.

:lmao: doesn't have anything to do with Paul being dead, does it? :wink:

I haven't heard the voices at the beginning of Vertigo, but I did hear the voice at the end...always wondered what was being said.

gpeddino said:
At around 00:18, before the singing starts, I can also hear Bono mumbling something. I just can't understand a word, but there is something there.

as The_Edge89 said, it does sound like Bono saying "lights" over and over, but it probably explains Bono's rants of "live, live" during the Vertigo intro when they've played it live (SNL, Radio 1, Brooklyn Bridge {?}).

Back
Top Bottom