Hey! Who else here DOESNT have all U2 cds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
...I need to know Im not alone.......as I dont have Boy, War, Passengers or Live Under a Blood Red Sky............

reason being Im not all that interested in the early U2 stuff, and Passengers might bore me..........

I could be wrong.

But, anyone else?
confused.gif

err, well now that I have Passengers (got it used for $7!) I think I have them all. That was one of the first things I did when I started getting into them...going back and buying up their catalogue.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
That was one of the first things I did when I started getting into them...going back and buying up their catalogue.
biggrin.gif

That was the first thing I did after I heard JT in '95...started buyin' all of their other albums. I was only 13 though, and was relying on my $10 a week allowance, so it took me awhile!
smile.gif

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

a lot of mine are damaged. cracked case and whatnot.
but i have 'em all. a lot of singles as well.
i never ever listen to the cd though.

I don't have Passengers, but I have all of the tracks downloaded. I really need to go to amazon and order that thing. I picked up October last year, but only because I was chewed out by a fan at a U2 concert for not having it.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by kariatari:
I don't have Passengers, but I have all of the tracks downloaded. I really need to go to amazon and order that thing. I picked up October last year, but only because I was chewed out by a fan at a U2 concert for not having it.
biggrin.gif

Why what did he say?

Did he tell u u were absolutely a big bollock for not owning it?
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by kariatari:
biggrin.gif

Aw, they shouldn't have chewed you out! But I LOVE that album!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Originally posted by bono-vox:
..i dont like war & boy tho they suck IMO

*gasp* Please say it ain't so! I fell in love with U2 on the basis of the combination of JT, AB, and War.

Originally posted by bono-vox:
i dont have passengers or the live albums..i dont like war & boy tho they suck IMO

I listeened to Boy 3-4 times and put it away and NEVER listened to it. I thought it was crap. But now I love War and Boy is a lot better than I originally thought.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I dance much better horizontally than vertically." - Bono

Popheart.org

Originally posted by mad1:

Why what did he say?

Did he tell u u were absolutely a big bollock for not owning it?
biggrin.gif

Well, I was standing in line to get T-shirts and I noticed his Joshua Tree tatoo. (It was really cool! Just a plain old black Joshua Tree on his arm.) So I told him I thought it was really cool, and that brought on a convo about the Joshua Tree, and he said that while he loved that album, October was the one that got him through tough times. He went on this big long analysis of the album's sound and what it meant to him, which I actually found interesting and after he was done he said, "you know what I mean though." And after all this, I had nothing to say other than to sheepishly reply, "I don't have that album yet."

Then he launched into a lecture on how I really need to get it to fill in the gaps of my U2 listening experience. He told me to listen especially to Adam's bass playing because they let him do whatever he wanted on the album because it had kind of a Christian theme that didn't really jive with him. It was rather funny.
biggrin.gif
He wasn't mean about it at all, just kind of shocked, so he was giving me crap about it. LOL! Needless to say, as soon as I got home from Phoenix, I went out to buy the album.
smile.gif

such a disgrace you all are......

------------------
"Steal me, deal me, anyway you heal me
Maim me, tame me, you can never change me
Love me, like me, come ahead and fight me
Please me, tease me, go ahead and leave me..."

I don't have Passengers.

mad 1, GO OUT AND BUY THE WAR ALBUM NOW!!!!! You don't know what you're missing out on. That album rocks. There's just one song on there I am not crazy about, Refugee, but the rest is so good. Two Hearts Beat As One, Seconds, Like A Song, great stuff.

I don't have Passengers, The Million Dollar Hoten Soundtrack and The Target Special Promo CD and a lot of the singles, if the singles even matter, even though I do own 2 singles from Achtung Baby and the Hold Me.... single.

I think all of you people who don't own some of U2's earlier stuff should go out and get it. Back in 93 when I became a full fledged U2 fan I went out and purchased all their releases up to Zooroopa. Even though I was 16 at the time and some of their early work didn't grow on me up until maybe 2 years ago, It was interesting listening to the band evolve.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

I don't have the early singles.

I bought Boy and October like a year ago and I finally start to like it now. So they take you quite a long time to actually get into them...
icon35.gif

[This message has been edited by christiana (edited 05-17-2002).]

Maddie, your not the only one.
I don't have October, Wide Awake In America or The Passengers Album.
It's not like I don't want these albums I don't have the money to buy them all at once. So I'm slowly buying them.
You should really get their earlier albums because at first I didn't buy them because I really wasn't into their earlier work but now I love it!

I just got Wide Awake last week....still no Passengers or MDH, though.

I have Beautiful Day (the white cover), Walk On (red), Walk On (blue) - from Australia, One of the Sweetest Thing CDs, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Staring at the Sun, and ISHFWLF on 45.

I don't own Wide Awake in America or Under a Blood Red Sky, but I do have all the songs from them on mp3s. I'll get around to buying the actual albums some day...

Back
Top Bottom