Hey! Live webcast of Notre Dame!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mocool12

Refugee
Has this been posted yet?
I got this from a little place called ******.net:

September 30, 2001
From Tiscali:

U2 Live Webcast

Tiscali and U2.com have joined forces to bring to you a live webcast of U2 in
concert, and you can watch it from the comfort of your own home.

The show will mark the return of one of the world's biggest bands to North America
for the third leg of their spectacular Elevation 2001 Tour, which has played more
than 100 dates to more than 2 million fans this year alone.

October 11th (2am - GMT) is THE date for all U2 fans, because the band will be
performing LIVE from Notre Dame, Indiana, US, the legendary home of 'the fighting
Irish'. The two hour show will be the ONLY webcast by U2 this year and is expected
to draw millions of online fans. It's an experience not to be missed!

Tiscali subscribers will benefit from a better quality experience as we own and control
our own network. So don't delay, register today! (http://www.tiscali.co.uk/music/u2webcast/)

Crazay!

------------------
Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such cartoons as "Christmas Ape" and "Christmas Ape Goes to Summer Camp."

Wow, ok...How did I know I'd be the only one responding? I know why, it's b/c of my small ears, isn't it? Well children, I can't help that!
icon10.gif

Seriously people, am I that big of a loser?
Whatever, maybe I'll have this thread all to myself. Yeah...you'll see...

Originally posted by mocool12:
I know why, it's b/c of my small ears, isn't it? Well children, I can't help that!

**Calluna is laughing her ass off at the Simpson's references.

Mo was the substitute teacher in that episode, if I recall correctly. Excellent. Yeah, that webcast could be pretty cool! I hope it works!

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

[This message has been edited by Calluna (edited 10-01-2001).]

Sweet! Two responses! Thanks Calluna! I knew someone would catch that, haha...
Yeah, I don't know what's up w/ the 2am GMT thing, but I read at the site that they'll rebroadcast it later that night at 8 pm.
Oh, and there's another problem, I guess Tiscali is this internet acsses provider, and that's what you'd be registering for in order to see the webcast. So this kind of sucks I'm thinking...

Originally posted by mocool12:
Yeah, I don't know what's up w/ the 2am GMT thing, but I read at the site that they'll rebroadcast it later that night at 8 pm.... I guess Tiscali is this internet acsses provider

Tiscali is a UK based internet provider which explains the 2 AM GMT time. According to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/full.html and http://www.cnn.com/WEATHER/worldtime/ > 2 AM GMT(greenwich mean time if some of you don't know what that means) is 7 PM PST, 9 PM CST, 10 PM EST, etc...

This Tiscali company has supposedly withdrawn the ad for the time being as the details and confirmation of the webcast have not been worked out yet. So it may not happen but odds are things will be worked out. But until you see the announcement on U2.com I would not get your hopes to high. Even if it does happen, can you imagine trying to get online to see it? Fortunately I will be there in person and wont have to worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom