Hey, has anyone here actually ever cried at the end of watchin U2 concert vid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Im puttin my 'weekend' thread up today.......:D As tomorrow its a holiday here! :lol:

Anyway............seriously, any of you ever felt extremely or slightly emotional after watching any one of U2's concerts?
Or ur fav?

Reason I ask is because, yes, I do.............always, always after Zoo TV.
The bit when Bono starts singin, 'Cant Help Fallin In Love', sets me off.....I get sad and tearful......because it triggers that,.......u know......'flashback' of having been to a concert (even though it was PoP).......suddenly you feel like you're there.......but its all ending, too soon.

The bit that gets me is when hes walking backwards and at the point he sings 'Take my hand'.....(as he raises it) .....and a small gust of wind or air just lifts the corner of his jacket is just..sooooo touching, and fitting......its makes me feel all shivery and sad (why I dont know)

But it does, then as he walks off and the lights go out.......... its ended, its over......Bono has left the stage...............

everyones goin home......

:(

Weeeeeeeell, I mean, maybe someone else out in Interland gets this way?

:slant:

maybe some of u have just once........I dunno.....:)

I cried when I watched the PopMex video for the first time, and I still get a little farklempt...talk amoungst yahselves...

When I see Bono getting emotional when singing One for Hutch.

It must have been so hard for him to have to mourn in front of a football stadium full of fans...I think the funeral had been like three days before that...I know it costs a lot to film a concert like that, and it takes tons of effort to organise it, but I still feel like they were brave to release this concert, with their emotion showing through like it was.

I cried watching the super bowl halftime. I cried watching elevation DVD. I never saw pop mart of zoo live, so the vid don't get to me as much. But elevation..like everytime I watch it I cry! garrr gotta stop talking..gonna cry now remembering! :sad:

This is embarrasing, but I cried at the end of the "When the stars go blue" concert video the first time I saw it. At the end when he dances with Andrea Corr, I don't know why, but it made me cry.

dipster said:
This is embarrasing, but I cried at the end of the "When the stars go blue" concert video the first time I saw it. At the end when he dances with Andrea Corr, I don't know why, but it made me cry.

first time i heard Stuck (which was also the first time I heard ANY song from atyclb) i cried.

COME ON U2! give me another good reason to cry!! :D ;)

dipster said:

Must be an upstate thing...me too!!!

U2 brings me to tears constantly...

Yes, Maddie, I cry when I watch my boot vid of the Hamilton 13/10/01 concert...one of the most emotional days of my life.

I also cried both times I left Eire, hysterically, on the plane, and I'm not even native.

Have a nice holiday!!

I cry when I watch videos
I cry when I hear them on the radio

It just depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

But I love them so much I cant help it.

God I'm such a sap. :slant:

When i watched the Boston show, i got all choked up when Stuck was on, and then at Kite, and when Bono goes into the "faade, faade...FADE AWAY" and then "NO..NO...NO...NO" ending of Bad, and during Streets intro, right after that spoken start, that looooong "AAAAAAAAAH" right before the lights kick in and iliuminate Bono from behind.

Except that last one was more of a happy choke up, full of pride. :)

sulawesigirl4 said:
watching the bootleg of PopMart Santiago made me :sad:

I can't listen to mothers of the dissapeared in this bootleg, too close of home I think.

I watched the broadcast of Zoo TV Sydney, and when they started to play Stay, I couldn't help it but cry. :sad:

Yes, I have. I did at the end of Zoo TV and Popmart. I think the emotions stemmed from the realization that the show was over. I saw it and now, will have to wait another 4-5 years to see it again. Even though it will be different, as their show presentations always change, they are ALWAYS great. The only reason I didn't cry at the end of the 1st Elevation show, was because I was pretty confident that I was going to see the show again. Unfortunately, the ticket agency messed up and that didn't happen....But I vividly remember being sad to hear "Love is Blindness" at the end of Zoo TV. I knew that was the last song of the set. So, you're not alone out there. Incidentally, I've seen my fair share of bands, and have never left with that feeling from any other concert except those of U2's.

dipster said:
Don't be embarrased, I cried at the same thing!
And during Stay on the Elevation DVD...
And Wake Up Dead Man always makes me cry.

U2 made me cry just a couple of days ago...I watched the MTV2 "Video Timeline" and it was the first time I'd seen several videos, including "Stay." When the guys were hanging around the young band, it was like they were muses or spirits or angels who were trying to help and inspire them. But, if Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry really were spirits, muses, angels, whatever...they wouldn't be men, walking among us (we should be so lucky!), performing concerts, enjoying their families and all. In the video, it was like they weren't of this world...and that thought just made me cry.

I probably sound ridiculous, but there you have it...the time U2 made me cry!

mad1 said:

maybe some of u have just once........I dunno.....:)

Are you kidding me?

A more fitting question for me would be, "when have you not cried watching a U2 concert video?"

The worst was five years ago, after I was done going to all my Popmart shows and I was watching Zootv Sydney and started bawling in the middle of it...I don't think I ever stopped!

I can't help crying when I watch the Santiago video or any clip of the Mothers of the Disappeared on stage on Popmart. Especially when Bono sings El Pueblo Vencera. It is so completely heartrending. Even my mum cried when she saw that and she's not even into U2!! Demonstrates their power I think....

:cool: I have been to many u2 concerts and I recall I felt a little misty after BAd but that was a long time ago. Now I don't get too emotionally attached to the words of the song expect just enjoy the spirit of the song. It's much more comforting. have a good one

Back
Top Bottom