HEY GUITAR PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
What's your favorite U2 songs to play on guitar?

Mine:

Stay
Stuck
Desire(it's just too fun!)
I Will Follow(if you have an electric!)

------------------
11 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I learn to play one, I'll let you know.

Wait that requires a guitar doesn't it? Darn.

-Marina

Originally posted by Zoomeranger:
The new revamped version of THE FLY!!

That's a great idea! You've just influenced me to learn it now!

------------------

In a little while, I love it! Stay, Untill the End of the World, All I want is You, and Hold Me, Thrill Me are up there as well for me.

Streets, Pride, With or Without You, All I Want Is You, Van Diemen's Land.

[This message has been edited by speedracer (edited 10-04-2001).]

ive got an electric and a q-stick dont know how to read the tabs so is there any web site that will teach me how to read the tabs.but i do mess around and just learned how to play i still havent found what im looking for sounds great. i do play ONE , beautiful day etc but i just make them up so plese tell me where i can get some tips cause i go to these tab sites and have no clue what the simbols(g1 2 3 000 4)etc mean.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

Dont believe the devil i dont believe his book.

Shaun Vox,

The numbers represent what fret you should be on.

The six lines represent the 6 strings, the bottom one is the Low E.

so for example:

would be an E chord!

------------------

I usually play Running To Stand still first because I find it easier to sing cold, but First Time is the U2 song I can play that makes me feel the best.
The only other ones I know anywhere near what you might call "a bit" is One and SBS. I'm a lousy guitar player but I love to sing. I've been working on Peace On Earth since I got the album, but I can't get the low notes at the start
smile.gif
good fun trying if no one is listening though.
uh oh you got me started.
It's school holidays here, birthday sleepovers etc. One lad inspired my youngest to learn Eric Clapton's "Tears In Heaven". He only downloaded the tab yesterday, but it's sounding good already. I wished he played more.
I love guitars that's for sure.My beloved will be 47 tomorrow, wish I had a nice Gibson 5 string for him.

umm what was your Q mikal? oh yes U2.
I saw a U2 songbook recently, nice, but pricey. I'll stick with the 3 chords, they get me by
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
oh year , and when i'm drunk ( fking russian genes!! ) , i play Party Girl
biggrin.gif

lol! Good choice... I play this one too!
hmmm... also, Staring, Sort of Homecoming, Wild Honey and Desire!

------------------
And I felt like a star...

The first thing i ever played on guitar, funnily enough.. was party girl.
But I really like playing In a little while, sunday bloddy sunday, wake up dead man (from the live acousic vers.), wild honey,STAY, staring at the sun, do u feel loved, all i want is you.. etc.
I just started learning a few months ago on my own
smile.gif

In a Little While
Streets(gotta love digital delay!)
the Fly
Beautiful Day

realyly cool thread, by the way! One of y favorites for a long time!

------------------
"We got no style...swagger...but no style"

The first song I learned to play on the guitar was "I Will Follow".
biggrin.gif
I usually don't learn songs 'cos I'm always making my own, but the ones I've learned include "Ultraviolet", "Love Rescue Me", "All I Want Is You", "Walk On" and "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses". Ah, and "Creep" by Radiohead and "M?sica Ligera" by Soda Stereo.

------------------
k e r c

La aventura del comienzo
La intriga de lo incierto
No temas y busca lo nuevo
S?lo empieza desde cero

Streets, The Fly, Van Diemen, Slow Dancin', UTEOTW, Desire, Angel of Harlem... No particular order!
smile.gif

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

'In A Little While' is fun to play. I also LOVE to play the solo from 'The Fly', absolutely amazingly brilliant!!!

these are the chords for stuck:

E A E B C#m A E

------------------
Macphisto worships me!

I truly suck at rhythm so most of the stuff I do is lead work..U2/Oasis songs are great for lead work..The Fly, Bullet The Blue Sky, D'You Know What I Mean, Its Good To Be Free...so many to list but if your starting out on electric and want to get more into the lead U2/Oasis/radiohead are great to get a good taste or variety....kerc, Creep is one of my favourites...I rarely piss the neighbours off but when I feel like Creeping I just can't resist wacking my amp for all its worth with muted stabs..light relief never sounded so good..I need to get a band together badly

one of my favourite sites for deciding what equipment to purchase/research is www.harmonycentral.com, has a great forum too that has more traffic than this place and some superb tips/discussion

baker6621 wrote:

how do you play SBS? or stuck? or pride? I wanna learn!

baker, learning the guitar generally will take lots of time and dedication, you seem very eager which is great and shows you have the right attitude towards pushing forward.... most important thing to do is to print the tabs you find off and sit down with a stereo and listen to what Edge plays, every note, strum, change of pace..I spent hours every day for the first year or so sitting down with a CD player and for the first time listening to U2 differently, not letting the music gently wash over me letting me know its there like I did before, but studying it for what it was.....and never be intimidated to start small and work your way up...don't drop yourself in the deep end too soon by looking for harder and more harder songs and spend months not getting as far as you would like...start simple..work your way up and you will be highly rewarded

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 10-05-2001).]

The first song I learned was "Touch". I learned it from an eighties U2 book called "U2 Portfolio". It has most of the UF music and some early ones with some great pics. I'm not sure if its still in print but i bought it in 1987. "Touch is real easy to play, but when you play it most people don't know what the heck you are playing cause U2 didn't officially release that song in the U.S.

hey acrobat thanks for the help man

can you post your email? i'd like to email you privatley. thanks a lot man.

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

sure...achtungacrobat@yahoo.co.uk,

usually I am tentative to give out my e-mail addies for fear of what Cat Dubh will forward on to me (Dr Teeth was never the same afterwards!!!)

I only have an acoustic guitar, so I play a lot of U2s songs in my own kind of style- I wish I could play leads like Edge, but I think I am destined to be a rhythm guitarist---my fave songs to play are....

All I want is you

In God's Country

Pride

One Tree hill
smile.gif

I'm getting my first guitar for Christmas, and my friend's basically really good at guitar, so instead of taking lessons par se, he's just gonna help me learn some songs to start off(I'll have to give him the tabs, he doesn't know any U2... yet). What do you recommend I start with?

BTW: It's an electric. Acoustic guitars are too awkward for me.

[This message has been edited by UnforgettableLemon (edited 10-05-2001).]

Very cool thread! Here's what I've played over the years on my acoustic ('cause that's all I have):

Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride
Bad
Red Hill Mining Town
Trip Through Your Wires
God's Country
Angel of Harlem
Desire
Van Diemans Land
All I Want Is You
Ground Beneath Her Feet
One