Hey Everyone! See when you all first saw U2........ - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2002, 02:16 PM   #21
Refugee

Local Time: 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
the first time i ever saw them was on MTV when I was little girl. It was the video for Gloria.
me too! and i thought they were part of the whole brit music scene happening in the 80s. i realised they were irish after watching the sbs video and bono's 'this is not a rebel song, this song is sbs'

Old 06-10-2002, 02:36 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:58 AM

They first time I EVER saw U2 was actually in the Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me video. My brother was into MTV at that time, but I didn't and so he showed me some videos he liked. I watched it and liked it right from the beginning because it was a Batman related thing and - with the influence of a big brother - I got to love Batman in former times.
The first thought was that they were American - like I thought every good band had to be from America - , but I didn't cared about them any more and lost U2 out of sight again.
And so last year I found them again with Beautiful Day!
And at that time U2 were so much in the media anyway that I didn't had to wonder if they were American or Irish.....

Old 06-10-2002, 07:50 PM   #23
War Child

Local Time: 11:58 PM
I've never thought about this. Mmmm, I first saw U2 on MTV and the first song that hooked me in was Mysterious Ways. So I just thought they were from Europe somewhere. Probably from London or from the British Isle somewhere. They just had that "European" feel when I saw Mysterious Ways.
Old 06-10-2002, 07:57 PM   #24
War Child

I've never thought about this. Mmmm, I first saw U2 on MTV and the first song that hooked me in was Mysterious Ways. So I just thought they were from Europe somewhere. Probably from London or from the British Isle somewhere. They just had that "European" feel when I saw Mysterious Ways.
Old 06-11-2002, 10:36 AM   #25
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
I still have an 80's book on Duran Duran that lists all their favorite colors, foods, shows, etc.
LMFAO...me too!!!!

I always knew the boys were Irish and was already hooked on listening to War and Boy in 1983 when I saw a U2 special on a late night video show. That was the first time I laid eyes on Bono singing and talking in interviews. I was instantly smitten and have never fully recovered from that night...hehe.
Old 06-12-2002, 05:36 PM   #26
POP for GIRLS

Local Time: 06:58 PM

I might just have known longer than any of you! I saw them on the Tom Snyder show back in '81! Really! The first thing I noticed was that they were cute, and that they didn't sound very Irish, or the stereotypical way Irish people sounded on US TV! I was 20 years old and had only met one real Irish guy, and he had a heavy accent. I thought their accents sounded almost American, but they were Irish and talking about being Irish coming over here. I always remembered them from that. I was a fan who loved them from the beginning, or at least their beginning in the US! They have always been my Irish boys!