Hey, Anitram...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*Ally*

New Yorker
i want to hear your story about getting one of larry's drumsticks at the hamilton concert! sorry if you posted the story somewhere else, but i couldn't find it. so when you get a chance, please do tell!!!

thank you!
smile.gif

hey clarity.. about your handle description.. do you serve it like a servant or like a waiter?

Originally posted by SkeeK:
hey clarity.. about your handle description.. do you serve it like a servant or like a waiter?

Skeek-- oh man! I was like "what does he mean serve Larry's bedsheets like a servant or a waiter?"

And I want to hear the story too!!!!!

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Oh, OK.
biggrin.gif

My best friend and I had conspired all week to try and get Larry's sticks. This was our 4th show, and we felt our time had come. In Toronto, the 2nd night, some guys had a little sign they made for Larry, asking for his sticks, but they didn't get them. We thus came to the conclusion we had to make the most beautiful sign so that Larry would recognize effort. So, instead of studying for our biochemistry and bacteriology midterm, we planned this.
wink.gif

Finally, we settled on the suitcase design. Took a white poster board, cut it out in the shape of a suitcase (handle and everything!). Of course, it was outlined in silver/grey marker, with the black lines on the side, and the heart. Both sides of the board were done in this way. The front said: "Mr. Mullen, can we have your sticks, please?" and the back said: "Thank U."

We were #18 and 19 in line, so we ended up second row centre, and eventually I got shoved into front row between Bono and the Edge. But I didn't want to hold the sign up the whole night, as I figured the people behind us would get ticked if we were blocking their way. So, I had my sweatshirt tied around my waist, and I rolled up the sign and tied it around my waist too. Unfortunately, woe was me when I lost the sign about 30 seconds into Elevation, due to all the jumping/pushing. But, during the 4th song, I stepped on something. I had a feeling it was the sign, so I bent over, on all fours (people thought I'd passed out) and I managed to retrieve the sign!
biggrin.gif

Finally, I held it up for Larry. He read the front (I could see his eyes moving as he was drumming along), so I flipped it over so he could see the "thank U" part. He did, and then nodded at me! I was sooo excited, but I figured I'd have to hold it up a few more times towards the end of the show so he wouldn't forget.

Then, the show ended. I saw our dear Larry heading over to me. I was beside myself. Until 2 huge guys who were around/in front of me tried to grab the stick out of Larry's hands. But, he swatted their arms away! With authority.
smile.gif
Then he placed the stick into my hand, and made sure I had a firm grip on it. It was heaven. I said "Thank you so much", he was smiling and then he left the stage.

Now the stick sits in my room. I had hoped to get both sticks, so my friend could have the other one, but I guess we'll have to go back to Europe next summer to retrieve the 2nd stick.
wink.gif

------------------
o lijepa
o draga
o slatka
slobodo

Holy shit! that is entirely AWWESSOOOOOOMME!!

hope you don't do too bad on that midterm even without studying...

Originally posted by SkeeK:
hope you don't do too bad on that midterm even without studying...

Heheheheh, who gives a flying fuck?

I touched Larry!
biggrin.gif

AWESOME story, anitram!!! wow, larry was actually NICE to you- that's so cool!! thank you for sharing it- and i agree, who cares about the midterm when you have larry's drumstick!!

perhaps i'll see you in Europe next summer- maybe london again??

congrats on a great night!
smile.gif

Originally posted by *Ally*:
perhaps i'll see you in Europe next summer- maybe london again??

Let's hope so.

Though, I'm thinking more along the lines of Italy next summer.

Originally posted by anitram:
I saw our dear Larry heading over to me. I was beside myself. Until 2 huge guys who were around/in front of me tried to grab the stick out of Larry's hands. But, he swatted their arms away! With authority.
smile.gif
Then he placed the stick into my hand, and made sure I had a firm grip on it. It was heaven. I said "Thank you so much", he was smiling and then he left the stage.

That is one of the coolest things I have ever read...

Larry is awesome!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know that half of it...

Back
Top Bottom