Heroes aboard United flight 93

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

speedracer

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
From www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/12/plane.phone.call/

Apparently the passengers on this flight (the one that crashed in the woods of Pennsylvania) attacked the terrorists who had hijacked the plane. Evidently they were able to steer the plane away from its intended target.

That is fantastic what they were able to do. They averted a greater disaster, and showed they could stand up to terrorists. So sad they are not here to be rewarded for bravery! It's a terrible loss for those on the plane and their families, but at least this is a bit of "positive" news.

Yes, I had heard about this earlier in the day. It is truly brave that they sacrificed their own lives to ensure that others would not be taken. We should honor these passengers as true heroes in this war that is raging.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Hi, I'm new, so bear with my ignorance.

I believe that in this tragic times, heroes as such are most needed.

I light a candle to all the victims and pray for those affected.

God bless you all.

------------------
*drew*

I almost started a thread about this, but I checked for one first, so give me credit for that! This is what I wanted to say.

HEROIC YUPPIES!!
The story of those 3 guys, two age 31 and one age 38, who worked for computer companies, are national heroes who deserve to be honored with some type of memorial or award. Unlike the people on the other three planes, the route this plane took, west to Ohio on the way to SF before making a U-turn and heading back towards Washington, had time to find out what was going on and plot.
According to my morning paper, these guys called their wives on cell phones telling them that there were 3 Arab men in red headbands with knives who claimed a bomb was on the plane. The guys said they had voted to overpower the men and joked of using butter knives from the in-flight meal. One guy told his wife to not be sad and to take care of their 12 week old baby. They knew they would die anyway when the plane hit its target and they were determined not to go down without a flight. Their bravery and heroism brings tears to my eyes and touches my heart. We don't know what occured on that plane, how the struggle played out, all we know is that plane tipped around, went down, and crashed in an uninhabited area, far from its intended target. The plot is better than any movie script could have been written. I feel so much for those 'yuppies' and know the world was a better place for them having been in it. I am so sorry they are gone, the world needs people like them. We should remember the names of these brave, smart and tragically wasted heroes.

In Memorium

Jeremy Glick, 31
Mark Bingham, 31
Thomas E. Burnett, 38

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

This story has made so many people to resolve that if they are ever in such a desperate situation...they will not stand back and let it happen...they will do all they can to thwart such a thing...even at great risk to themselves...I am with them.

"No more."

dream wanderer

They just had a story on TV about one of the guys and they talked to his family. These guys are heroes. Please appreciate their sacrifice. They totally saved whatever the last target would have been. They went down in a blaze of glory.

------------------
Just as you find me
always I will be
a little bit too free
with myself
-Bono and Edge

Back
Top Bottom