Here might be a reason the album keeps getting delayed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoopop

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Bono seems to everywhere but at work. Every charity, hollywood, or political event Bono is there. I wonder how the band feels about this? I know I would get a little impatient especailly when the album is almost done.

Here is U2 right now

:larry: :adam: :edge: .......................................................:bono:

On a serious note, its getting harder and harder for the band U2. Regardless how much versatile a person Bono maybe its hard to write songs when there are several million other agendas in your heard.

For any artist of high class its very important to submerge in their art, great actors often live the characters they work on, great musicians dream up a musical landscape which transcends their real life.

As for Bono, I would have really admired him if he would have spent this much time and energy to improve is musical instrument playing skills. I know he does things here and there,I may be unfair on him knowing only what I get to see in black and white but somethings are far too obvious.

I really appreciate his sincerity and dedication for his beliefs, but as Larry rightly said take a year or two off. I dont have any issues with album getting delayed, hey its their music and its their life... but I can't see an artist speding so much time away from his art, afterall concentration, focuss, imagination are essential part of creativity.

Sometimes it's important to confront people we love with the truth. Laurels to ishkash, you have pointed this out elequently. Does anyone believe that it's in the best interests of the band to drag out a project because of other commitments?

"It's alright, it's alright, it's alright, it's alright, I'm sleeping in America tonight". Bono

ishkash said:
On a serious note, its getting harder and harder for the band U2. Regardless how much versatile a person Bono maybe its hard to write songs when there are several million other agendas in your heard.

For any artist of high class its very important to submerge in their art, great actors often live the characters they work on, great musicians dream up a musical landscape which transcends their real life.

As for Bono, I would have really admired him if he would have spent this much time and energy to improve is musical instrument playing skills. I know he does things here and there,I may be unfair on him knowing only what I get to see in black and white but somethings are far too obvious.

I really appreciate his sincerity and dedication for his beliefs, but as Larry rightly said take a year or two off. I dont have any issues with album getting delayed, hey its their music and its their life... but I can't see an artist speding so much time away from his art, afterall concentration, focuss, imagination are essential part of creativity.

i think it's good that he's doing everything he is but since they did say they're going to be putting out a new album soon i think he needs to focus a bit more on that. just my 2 cents anyways

zoopop said:
Bono seems to everywhere but at work. Every charity, hollywood, or political event Bono is there. I wonder how the band feels about this? I know I would get a little impatient especailly when the album is almost done.

Actually, it seems he's been around Dublin and in the studios quite a bit these days. Check the Band Meetings and Sightings forum, people have been meeting him outside the studio quite frequently.

To put things in perspective, I think trying to help and make a difference in the lives of millions is a bigger cause and issue than recording an album and is worth waiting for.

. I'm sure Bono has his priorities straighten out-he spent a lot of time on his activism in the previous year(s), and now he's back in the studio more.

I'm sure Bono has his priorities straight in his own mind.. it might not always please the fans..
As for the rest of the band they all have outside lives .. Edge might get angry at what Bono's doing shaking hands with dodgy politicians but he has never stopped supporting him.. he is often with him at events.. I would like to think there friendship is more important then the band itself.

So I dont think thats whats holding it up.. someone probably is just not happy with the sound.. thats all

Re: Re: Here might be a reason the album keeps getting delayed...

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Actually, it seems he's been around Dublin and in the studios quite a bit these days. Check the Band Meetings and Sightings forum, people have been meeting him outside the studio quite frequently.

this is why i wish the bands meeting and sightings forum was a subforum of etykiw instead of pleba

Re: Re: Re: Here might be a reason the album keeps getting delayed...

Chizip said:

this is why i wish the bands meeting and sightings forum was a subforum of etykiw instead of pleba

Yeah, that makes sense now that you mention it. You should PM Elvis.

Back
Top Bottom