Henry Rollins Bashed Bono On Howard Stern...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
It was just on E! Entertainment...anybody ever see this clip before?

Grrrrr....
mad.gif

------------------
"I Don't Know You, But You Don't Know The Half Of It..."

What did ole Howard say this time?

------------------
Here's to the few who forgive what you do
and the fewer who don't even care
--Leonard Cohen

Yea Bonochick, I'm catchin' this.

Henry said something on Edge like -"plays the same riff". Hmm, wait no that's Black Flag. The art of power chords, ahh.

Howard Stern: I find him irritating too, but I'm not sure exactly why...

Henry Rollins: Okay, in his band, he has the weakest rhythm section ever known in a multi-platinum band. The drummer can't drum, the bass player can't play, the guitar player has one riff. And sitting there is this utter buffoon who should be in a bar, swaggering, just crooning, and their new album "That Which You Leave Behind" is the most tired, adult-oriented crap I have ever heard since the last Sting record. And when you have to write a song called "When I Look At The World", it says, Hello! I have nothing left to say.

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 10-15-2001).]

I am getting sick of Henry Rollins ripping on U2 all the time. If the man had one ounce of talent it might be different. I think it stems from jealously.

U2 is a critically acclaimed band, definately the biggest in the world, and just put on an awesome sold-out tour this past year, and definately both shows I went to were better than any other I've seen this year.

Henry Rollins to me is a loser.

------------------
"Yeah, we'll shine like stars in the summer night, we'll shine like stars in the winter night. One heart, one hope, one love."

Oh I know, right? Like ole Hank has a career other than bitching about those who do have a career. Whatever, dude. He's the one propagating hateful rants on the world - not our fab Irish Four.
smile.gif

------------------
Here's to the few who forgive what you do
and the fewer who don't even care
--Leonard Cohen

*chuckle*
Who? That vegetarian?
smile.gif

How do you explain the people who like Mr Rollins AND U2? And there must be some, cos I know at least one person.

He's entitled to his opinion, and if he likes telling the world that he has his taste in his arse, we can all just laugh at him.

The Rollins band played Livid in Brisbane last weekend, and it may amuse you Rollins-haters to know that a DJ called Adam on JJJ thought that the Butt-Hole Surfers "blew the Rollins band off the stage"...
wink.gif

Stay cool...

I will admit I've seen Henery Rollins live before, that is before I knew he constantly bad mouths my absolute FAV band! Good 'ol Rollins is total SHIT live compared to a U2 show!!!!!!!!!!!! My brother is a musican and a little critical of guitar players... He won't even disagree that Edge is a genius!!!

Henry Rollins sucks monkey butt!!!

let's see-on one hand we have U2, who are superstars, on the other hand there is

Henry who?

i couldn't care less what he has to say about U2. he doesn't like them.
well boo hoo. tough luck-they're here to stay.
and he might want to get his facts straight. Larry can drum-he has actual music education. also, i read many articles that praised Edge's playing very highly. critics, guitar player magazines...

since when is Rollins a qualified music critic?
rolleyes.gif

i heard Rollins's music-and it really isn't nothing special. just typical rock'n'roll over and over again-all his songs sound alike to me.
and he doesn't sing. it's more like he growls.
Bono gives more in a single note than Rollins could ever dream of when it comes to singing.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 10-16-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom