help!! workout music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Originally posted by Salome:
Stateless

That's your answer to everything, isn't it?

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Oh yeah...getting back to the topic at hand, "Elevation" is a great workout song.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

SOUNDGARDEN

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by Gcat:
and my guilty pleasure... last night-the strokes

Don't be guilty
biggrin.gif
I am listening to the Strokes right now.

damn this song is growing on me like wildfire
hey sula, do you have know anything about this band?? are they british? I just heard the song on the radio and fell in love... who are these guys? any other songs worth listening to from them??

The Strokes are actually from New York City. They met as teenagers at their prep school, and though they are just gaining popularity here, they have been hailed by nearly every British music magazine as the saviors of rock and roll. This was all on the strength of just three singles released before their debut album. Because of all the hype, the group jokingly titled the album, "Is This It?"

I think their stuff is alright, but nothing incredibly special. More like music you listen to in your car in the background. Not bad stuff overall. They have some nice tunes off of their album. I like "Soma", it's a pretty nice song.

------------------
Change is the only constant

hey guys.. I'm in dire need of some advice here.

you see I've begun a rigurous training program and I've always found it much easyer to complete each session if I'm listening to music. I'm hoping to compile a cd with some great workout tunes, what are some songs you reccomend?? doesnt have to be U2.
so far I have

with or without you-rattle and hum dvd
where the streets have no name-boston dvd
dont look back in anger-oasis
stand by me-oasis
bittersweet symphony- the verve
Kashmire-led zepllin
thief-our lady piece

you can get my taste from the list below I suppose, anyways please!! I need ur brilliant advice thanks

staless?? good idea
plus I have added
island in the sun-weezer
dancing in the moonlight-thin lizzy
and my guilty pleasure... last night-the strokes

keep those ideas coming!

well I've done some research and have learned a little more background on them, I really want to like these guys, but really the only song that does anything for me from their cd is last night

Gcat, if you haven't already checked him out, I would recommend you give Pete Yorn a listen. His album musicforthemorningafter is one of my favorite new music purchases this year. You may have heard the single "Life on a Chain" on the radio. Some other good rockers from the album are Black, For Nancy (Cos it already is), Murray, and Closet.

thanks sula! I will check him out I already love strange condition from me myself and irene but I will definetly check out some of his stuff

Back
Top Bottom