help us with U2 songs for our reception

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For all you b-side and fans of lesser known u2 songs...We're working on our play list for our wedding reception and trying to come up with some great U2 songs to include--songs others might not already know. (We've actually put WOWY on the do not play list!)

Party Girl will definitely be one of them--any other suggestions?

don't know if this would help...but i went to a wedding a few years ago, and they played the beginning guitar part of "Streets" when the bride and groom walked down the aisle at the end of the ceremony. i thought it was SO cool. maybe you might wanna consider that too.

Irishteen said:
Danceing Barefoot great unknown song, Room at the heartbreak hotel(wait that might ruin the wedding)

OMG! I looove Dancing Barefoot ! :dancing:
No one does that song better than u2 !

I also like to listen to love comes thumbling:p

Last edited:
Irishteen said:
Danceing Barefoot great unknown song, Room at the heartbreak hotel(wait that might ruin the wedding)

The former is a cover of a Patti Smith song, but nevertheless an excellent cover, and an excellent choice. :up:

Respec'.

Ah, the U2 fans wedding dilemma, what songs to play that don't give too much bitter with the sweet. Please don't play One, not only is it cliche but lyrically inappropriate. All I want is you? The "broken promises" verse comes through pretty loud and clear. Off the top of my head, I can only think of a couple:

Three Sunrises and Halleluia, here she comes.

PS- Oh yeah, nobody knows what the hell ths songs on UF are about, Promenade or something like that might work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom