Help me with my project please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hans Moleman

The Fly
All I need to know is a short answer to one question:

"What do sports mean to you?"

Basically, why do you like them? Childhood memory attachments? Fond memories? Just amusing?

If you could, also give me your name (or a name, if you choose anonymity [but don't tell me it is fake, b/c i am dreadfully honest!]) and your city, state/country. It is for an article for my photojournalism project. It will not be published, so don't worry.

Thanks in advance!

~melon

------------------
"Oh no...my brains."

sports are definitive. many things in life are not.

christoball. manhattan, nyc, usa.

i thought you already graduated?

------------------
boofoobudoobie

[This message has been edited by no disk (edited 12-10-2001).]

I hated sports, because I was no good at them. I was the kid they'd take pity on and give six strikes in baseball before I was declared "out". Dad liked sports though. I liked hanging out with him. I remember that when the neighborhood kids wanted to play sports that my dad was the only parent who would play with us. We would all fight over who got to have him on their team because we all wanted him on our side. Mom would always make us Kool-Aid and sandwiches and stuff too. We had the coolest parents in the neighborhood.

Katherine "Zerkman", Saginaw, MI

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 12-10-2001).]

Sports are fun, although most people are loathe to do any sports or excercises nowadays but prefer to watch them on T.V.

Laura, Belfast

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Grr...my school is stupid and had commencement the weekend before exams. It is so damn anticlimactic when you are thinking about all the projects you have to do while walking up to get your symbolic diploma!

Oh and I will need last names too. My prof will want them. But I can understand peoples' hesitations. That is why I said "a" name.
wink.gif
But, shh, I am too honest and I don't want you to tell me if your first and/or last name is fake.

~melon

------------------
"Oh no...my brains."

I HATE sports! They are the bain of my existence. Thank you for letting me comment.

But I'm sure you don't want to use that so I won't give a name.

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Bono: I don't walk, I swagger! I sashayed once, but just once. It wasn't for me.

It's one of the best entertainment for me. It's fun to watch and participate in.

Christiana Suen, Hong Kong, China

[This message has been edited by christiana (edited 12-11-2001).]

I'm terrible at most popular sports and don't particularly enjoy them...

However, I enjoy Equestrian sports and participate as much as I can...so I love a sport that gets less exposure than others but if you count that, I love sports...
biggrin.gif

Margaret Walters, Kansas, USA

------------------
"Midnight is where the day begins..."

Sports means being picked last for the team as a kid because I was a fat kid. Sports means not being able to relate to most other guys because I am not into football, soccer, hockey, or basketball. I do like some sports, but I am not dilligent about reading up on them. I like baseball and some boxing but not enough to talk stats.

Sports is another form of entertainment similiar to plays, tv shows, or movies. Sports is a huge money making machine and is an integral part of our culture. Sports can trauamtize a child if they are forced to play them when they do not want to.

What sports also means to me is the excitement and entertainment of watching and not knowing whether the team or players you are rooting for are going to succeed. It is not something I am always interested in and would not be sad if all sports ceased.

-Camilo Arenivar
Los Angeles, CA
u2la2000@hotmail.com

Back
Top Bottom