Help Me With My Editorial re:Knighthood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
Can some of you please help me with an editorial I am writing in response to someone elses editorial from my local paper?

I need to know EXACT "quotes" of Bonos and I hoped you could help me!

1. He has said he would sleep with the devil in order to get things done in Africa?

2. Is he founder or co-founder of the following:

One - founder?
Data.org - founder?
Edun - Partner?
Project (RED) co-founder?

3. The Tsumani comment about people dying in Africa is like one.

4. His strategist comment.

thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I think he is the founder of Data, which in turn helped found the One campaign.

JCOSTER said:
Can some of you please help me with an editorial I am writing in response to someone elses editorial from my local paper?

I need to know EXACT "quotes" of Bonos and I hoped you could help me!

1. He has said he would sleep with the devil in order to get things done in Africa?

Lunch...he said he would have lunch w/ the devil, not sleep w/ him:rolleyes:

If you want to do this properly, maybe you should research some articles and interviews. There are some in the news section here, and @U2. com has some good ones on the subject...and there's always the library!

Don't go counting on *our* half-assed memories...:wink:

I think I know what editorial you are addressing.
I'm cheering you on. I know you can find the answer to the One question by going to their site.

From the National Prayer Breakfast Speech

"Because there's no way we can look at what’s happening in Africa and, if we're honest, conclude that deep down, we really accept that Africans are equal to us. Anywhere else in the world, we wouldn’t accept it. Look at what happened in South East Asia with the Tsunami. 150, 000 lives lost to that misnomer of all misnomers, “mother nature”. In Africa, 150,000 lives are lost every month. A tsunami every month. And it’s a completely avoidable catastrophe."

Hey, I asked for some help by going straight to what I considered the best sources. If it bothered anyone, then you shouldn't have responded at all. :shrug:

and thanks Val. :hug:

Chizip said:
do your own homework :tsk:

P.gif

take creative liberities.. like have bono become a knight after he pulled the sword from the stone. etc etc etc

I can't answer any for sure, but some of the best speeches I've seen/read lately have been the National Prayer Breakfast, the video interview with Bill Hijbels (or whatever the Americanized spelling is) for the leadership summit, and his speech to the Economic Club of Grand Rapids (ok, so maybe I'm biased b/c I was there, but I've seen him speak live a few times before that and this was the most refined speech). I'd look for transcripts of those.

JC, :kiss:

Founder of DATA.org, which led to one.

Co-founder and co-owner of Edun.

Co-founder of Red.

Hope this helps! :hug:

So DATA and ONE are the same orginizations?

Who are the founders of Edun and RED if Bono is just the Co founder?

Perhaps I should do my own reasearch...

Ali and Bono co-founded Edun together I think, and Bobby Shriver, (who we saw on the balcony) is the other co-founder of Red.

JCOSTER, if you need any other info regarding technical information on knighthood I would be happy to help. I find alot of news articles have incorrect information on the subject.

I think it was the New York Times a short while back that published a nice graphic chart of Bono's humanitarian network. It shows all the details you need on ONE, DATA, EDUN and RED. Try google searching for it.

There was an interview on youtube from the Elevation tour where he was riding in a limo with George Steph???? The guy from Much Music in Canada. He said something during that about sleeping with the devil.

Dana

Back
Top Bottom