Help me what to choose...please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
Okay, here is the deal. I'm getting ready for my 3 weeks annual vacation. I'm heading to my place at the beach next Saturday
smile.gif
. I don't think I will be able to spend 3 weeks without U2 all around me
biggrin.gif
, so I'll take some of my stuff with me, as usual. The problem is: unfortunetaly I don't have my VW Parati anymore (it's a station wagon, with lots of space). I was left with a small GM Corsa slightly bigger than a shoebox, LOL, so I have to decide, you know, about "all that I can't leave behind". I've been strugling all these last days, so I thought you may help me to choose.

Here are the possibilities in videos, books and CDs:

Videos (no DVD player at the beach, only an ancient VCR, so no Boston DVD in the list):
Rattle and Hum
Achtung Baby the videos...
Zooropa live from Sydney
Popmart from S?o Paulo
Popmart from M?xico

Books: I'm taking Carter Alan's The Road to Pop, the one I'm currently reading plus one of these:
Three Chords and the Truth
Bono The Biography
At the End of The World (re-reading possibility
wink.gif
)

Now it comes the worst part...the CDs. I think I should take a few albuns and concert bootlegs, maximum of 10...and no singles, due to lack of space..the only exception might be my new canadian Stuck single
biggrin.gif
. The ones I have been thinking of are:

ATYCLB
POP
UF
JT
UABRS
Popmart S?o Paulo
Popmart Sarajevo
Popmart Buenos Aires
ZOO Europa
ET Miami 03/24/2001
ET Notre Dame 10/10/2001
ET San Jose 20/04/2001
ET Phoenix 28/04/2001
Riverboat President New Orleans 02/11/1982
Salome CD 1
Salome CD 2 (I'm not fond of the 3rd one)
Unplugged
Irving Plaza
JT Tour San Francisco 04/25/1987
Zoocoustic
Happy New Year Dublin 12/31/1989
The Million Dolar Hotel soundtrack

and there are also some compilations I made, 3 CDs, I might pick one of them...man, this is tough, LOL

So what would you choose from the list above? Any help will be very much appreciated.
smile.gif

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

Whew follower! I don't envy you having to make these decisions...here are my picks

Videos (no DVD player at the beach, only an ancient VCR, so no Boston DVD in the list):
Rattle and Hum
Achtung Baby the videos...

Books: I'm taking Carter Alan's The Road to Pop, the one I'm currently reading plus one of these:
At the End of The World (re-reading possibility
wink.gif
)
This one's always worth the re-read!

ATYCLB
POP
UF
JT
UABRS
ZOO Europa
ET Notre Dame 10/10/2001
Riverboat President New Orleans 02/11/1982
Happy New Year Dublin 12/31/1989
The Million Dolar Hotel soundtrack

And take the compilations! That way you can have a little bit of everything!

HAVE A GREAT TIME!

------------------
BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

You can dream, so dream out loud!

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Thanks hippy
smile.gif

You know what? I left AB out of my list on purpose, because of Zoo Europa boot and the others from Elevation Tour I intend to take...but early this morning I realised I couldn?t survive for 3 weeks without So Cruel and Acrobat...so that CD is heading to my suitcase right now, LOL

I?m a hopeless case
wink.gif

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

Ah yes, I was wondering where AB was
smile.gif

Anyway, I hope you have an awesome time! And get to relax some, if that's what you need! I know I would love to go on vacation right now! (Even though I just got off of it
biggrin.gif
)

Have a wonderful time!

hippy

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

**cass hands follower a bikini, a beautiful day and a tall cool drink"
Enjoy it all. Check out the local musical goings on too. Endless possibilities 4U I hope.

I'd seriously consider going out to a CD store and buying a pouch for CDs... I have 2 and they allow me to bring about 70 CDs with me to school every day with few negative repercussions

Have fun! I'll miss ya! Will you be gone for your birthday? Should we go ahead and wish you happy birthday now?

smile.gif

Peace

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

hippy, cass, NicaMom, thanks for the good wishes...yes I?m tired, I?m a 8 hours/day worker (more like a slavery...) plus all the housework plus the kids and husband plus the U2 groups I moderate here plus the news and articles I write about the band plus my english course...believe I?m done, LOL

SkeeK, thanks for your advice, but I must restrict my stuff to a few CDs and videos, you know, I have 2 kids and they also have lots of things to be acomodated in that egg-shaped damn car, LOL, oh how I miss my old station wagon...
biggrin.gif

Crzy, yup, my birthday will be next week, but I won?t be around...no computers for 3 weeks...but I will survive...I will survive (impersonating Gloria Gaynor, LOL)
smile.gif

I?ll be here until this Friday. But...I`LL MISS THE SUPERBOWL STUFF, damn it. Okay, I better calm down now, LOL

------------------

Originally posted by follower:
I?ll be here until this Friday. But...I`LL MISS THE SUPERBOWL STUFF, damn it. Okay, I better calm down now, LOL

If it's any consolation follower, I am scheduled to work from 4:30 until 8 the night of the SuperBowl...wouldn't it figure...the ONE time in my life I actually want to watch the SuperBowl and I have to work...thank the lord for VCRs (if there was any way I could copy a tape for you I would, but unfortunately I don't have the equipment
frown.gif
)

Have a wonderful time!
smile.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

It's a case of ATYCLB and in alot of cases on here one thing is U2 lol *thinks about taking the band members on holiday
biggrin.gif

Anyway ZooTV for videos (you have to have Macphisto)

Live CDs (good mix of songs) and ATYCLB cos you might have a bad day and need Beautiful Day and Stuck

Book At The End Of The World

Back
Top Bottom