Help me convert my boss!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandGirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
This morning at work, my boss mentioned that while she was home sick last Friday, she watched Bono (Boh-noh) on Oprah. She said she was really impressed and compared him to a saint! She then said that she wasn't very familiar with his music, but that she thought he was inspiring. So I say, "If you ever want to listen to some U2, I have plenty of CDs you could borrow." And she said..."Sounds good! I'd like to hear one if you don't mind."

Alright. My boss is in her 40s and does not know all that much about popular music. I'm thinking Joshua Tree and/or ATYCLB to start her off. Then if she likes either of those, I can offer to lend her others.

Any thoughts? In all seriousness, she does not listen to much music (she listens to the same Natalie Merchant CD over and over here at work), but I think she'll dig U2. Doesn't everybody? ;)

How about a really bold move and give her the Passengers? LOL!

Hmmmm, i'd start with ATYCLB. If she likes that, bring on JT and AB.

If she likes that, go on with UF and Rattle and Hum.

Then continue with War and Pop.

If she likes the majority (or, better yet, ALL of it) the rest should follow easily.

Alright, I gave her JT and ATYCLB for starters. She's listening to JT right now in her office. This is so exciting! :hyper:

In return, she offered me Mark Knopfler's "Sailing to Philadelphia." It's actually pretty good so far. :D

Actually, I think she has breached protocol and gone for ATYCLB first!

Man, it's weird to hear U2 coming from someone's office besides my own!

Although I haven?t suggested any special album or song for you to show your boss I?m curious about the results so far as well HeartlandGirl. :up:

I bet she wouldn?t resist to One. That song summarizes so much Bono?s ideas towards our world and the way it should be.

Well, I think she got called away from her office during the majority of ATYCLB, but I heard her listening to JT later. She came into my office to talk about a project and said that JT was making her nostaligic. I guess she had an Irish roomate during the 80s who listened to a fair amount of U2.

At the end of the day, I told her to take them home for awhile--I've got extra copies! She said she could tell they were the kind of albums that need to be played loud, so she's taking them home to give them a whirl.

We'll see...

I'm wondering if it's safe to tell her how to pronounce Bono's name right! :D

marbles in my mouth

Actually, I pronounce it "Boh-noh" too because no one would know who I'm talking about should I say "Bah-know".

foray

This morning my boss returned JT and ATYCLB. I had mentioned before that people at "the U2 message board I hang out at" were wondering how she liked the cds. Her report: She enjoyed listening to them at high volume while her kids were not at home. Her favorite song was "Stuck in a Moment," and she plans to buy ATYCLB.

So I'm pleased to announce that I think there's been another conversion. :D

HeartlandGirl said:
This morning my boss returned JT and ATYCLB. I had mentioned before that people at "the U2 message board I hang out at" were wondering how she liked the cds. Her report: She enjoyed listening to them at high volume while her kids were not at home. Her favorite song was "Stuck in a Moment," and she plans to buy ATYCLB.

So I'm pleased to announce that I think there's been another conversion. :D

Congrats on your bosses' conversion Mrs. Heartland Girl, even if her favorite song is "stuck" there is still hope for her

:)

little boy blue said:

Congrats on your bosses' conversion Mrs. Heartland Girl, even if her favorite song is "stuck" there is still hope for her

:)

She also loved "Grace"--another 'favorite' around here. ;)

Back
Top Bottom