Help me!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
I'm working on one of the biographies for the new Interference....and I need some help.
Did Edge, Bono, and Larry join the Shalom group while at Mount Temple? How long were they involved with the group? I can't seem to find this information(with years)anywhere...Was it before WAR when they left the group?
I can't remember, and my books have squat..
Thanks,
Mrs.Clayton

I'm pretty sure they joined while at Mt. Temple, but I could be wrong. And I really don't know when they left. Isn't this info in the Eamon Dunphy (sp?) book The Unforgettable Fire? I read it awhile ago, but have forgotten much of the details. Sorry I can't be of more help...

How about this too.....Edge thought about leaving the band, right? Well, in Legends, they said Adam threatened to leave the band too, at the time when the other three were in the Shalom group. I haven't heard that anywhere else(but maybe I just can't remember). Does anyone know if that's true too?

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
How about this too.....Edge thought about leaving the band, right? Well, in Legends, they said Adam threatened to leave the band too, at the time when the other three were in the Shalom group. I haven't heard that anywhere else(but maybe I just can't remember). Does anyone know if that's true too?

Hi Mrs. C
wink.gif

I hadn't heard Adam had threatened to leave the band -- just the other three, because of Shalom. When I was researching for the Bono biography I had quite a bit of trouble with this as well. Do you have the book Walk On: The Spiritual Journey of U2? They talked about why the other three felt obligated to leave the band, for Shalom, and then (in the end) why they left Shalom. I can give you some information from it if you don't have it.
Also, about Eamon Dunphy's book: lots of inaccuracies. However, if taken with a grain of salt, it is fairly accurate in the timeline, so that can be of help if you have that book.

------------------
"I dance much better horizontally than vertically." - Bono

Popheart.org

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I believe they were in Shalom from 1980-1982 (aproximately, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong) -- they left right before October was released, because (I believe) they had been trying to decide to keep the group or leave Shalom, and by the end of recording October they decided to leave Shalom. I think I remember reading they weren't happy with Shalom -- it had changed and they were being more controlled, I think?

------------------
"I dance much better horizontally than vertically." - Bono

Popheart.org

To add - I believe the Carter Alan book, and the Flanagan book will prove helpful.

Thanks for helping guys.
biggrin.gif

------------------
ooh eee ooh ah ah ching chang walla walla bing bang.

OK, so
*Fact*
Adam did not threaten to leave the band(but Edge did)
*Fact*
All their religious problems were at the apex during October
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom