Help get U2 to Perth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An online petition isn't going to bring U2 to Perth, just so you know.

LuvandPeace1980 said:
And your wrong about Petitions not working too!
Coldplay came to Perth after a petition on 96fm over here
so :madspit:

Show me an instance where an online petition on its own has gotten U2 to do ANYTHING.

See Earnie's post for what you need to get U2 to Perth. Face it; unless someone's going to put up a tonne of cash, U2 aren't coming.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Grand Rapids, Michigan
And you had how many shows within a 250km radius? :wink:

By the end of this tour I would have seen 2 shows and although they aren't the closest to Perth I will have travelled 18,000km for them :|

Arcadion said:

And you had how many shows within a 250km radius? :wink:

none

ETA: well, maybe Milwaukee, but the lake is in the way so it's actually 435km travelling. The Auburn Hills venue is just over 250km, but that place treats fans like shit (not just U2 fans) and most of the people that go to U2 shows there are either from West Michigan anyway, or from out of state and would still go if they moved to the venue over in GR. So, I can't find a good reason why they haven't played here since 1981, but no petition will change that.

Anyway, the point was not that there's no shows in my city, but that population alone doesn't mean much when it comes to U2 tours.

Last edited:
LuvandPeace1980 said:
And your wrong about Petitions not working too!
Coldplay came to Perth after a petition on 96fm over here
so :madspit:

That Coldplay petition was actually facilitated by the promoter and from what I sensed was being used as a tester to make sure 100% that Coldplay had the pull in those areas that they requried.

Adelaide recently had a petition to get Foo Fighters here, organised by the daily paper and a radio station, methinks. But it may well have been a similar situation as you describe Tim. :shrug:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

none

ETA: well, maybe Milwaukee, but the lake is in the way so it's actually 435km travelling. The Auburn Hills venue is just over 250km, but that place treats fans like shit (not just U2 fans) and most of the people that go to U2 shows there are either from West Michigan anyway, or from out of state and would still go if they moved to the venue over in GR. So, I can't find a good reason why they haven't played here since 1981, but no petition will change that.

Anyway, the point was not that there's no shows in my city, but that population alone doesn't mean much when it comes to U2 tours.

While I love Grand Rapids (and Van Andel Arena), as long as the primary venue in town only holds 10-11,000 people, it's not worth U2's time.

Hey, they skipped Indianapolis and Columbus this tour- the two largest cities in their respective states.

lukea said:

While I love Grand Rapids (and Van Andel Arena), as long as the primary venue in town only holds 10-11,000 people, it's not worth U2's time. Unless, of course, there's a special reason... South Bend/Joyce Center (10,000 capacity) was tacked onto 3rd Leg Elevation because of September 11, etc. etc.

Hey, they skipped Indianapolis and Columbus this tour- the two largest cities in their respective states.

Axver said:

Show me an instance where an online petition on its own has gotten U2 to do ANYTHING.

See Earnie's post for what you need to get U2 to Perth. Face it; unless someone's going to put up a tonne of cash, U2 aren't coming.

I don't have an instance because you see I aint trying to prove it to you.
Because in the end I don't give a flying fuck what you think :)
What I would like is maybe some positive feedback from you for once.
You come accross as very obnknoxious however coming accross and actually being are very different. Specially as this is such a lacklustre medium, but maybe you should approach things with a little more tact because for the most they will just get shitty as we really never asked for your opinion about whether Online Polls or what not worked!

But I know what your saying none the less :wink:

Last edited:
I signed the petition, even though I live in Finland. I have a pen pal who lives in Scarborough (for thoughs of you who are not that familiar with Australia, it's a town close to Perth on the western shore of the continent.) and will have to travel across country to see U2.:lol:

hcbiggs2002 said:
I signed the petition, even though I live in Finland. I have a pen pal who lives in Scarborough (for thoughs of you who are not that familiar with Australia, it's a town close to Perth on the western shore of the continent.) and will have to travel across country to see U2.:lol:

Yeah Scarborough is about 10 mins out of the city.
Just a beach and a suburb really.

PS: Thanks so much for voting

:)

lukea said:

While I love Grand Rapids (and Van Andel Arena), as long as the primary venue in town only holds 10-11,000 people, it's not worth U2's time.

The V is actually 12-15 thousand. The official site says 12,000+. When it first opened, I sang there and we were told that with the seats on the floor we'd be singing to 15,000 people.

And yeah, I was surprised and disappointed that there were no other shows in Indiana or Ohio besides the one Cleveland show.

Anyway, good luck w/ online petitions. I wouldn't get your hopes up though. It really depends on the promoters and such; it's not the decision of the band.

Back
Top Bottom