Help defend HTDAAB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zootvc15

The Fly
There's this site that I spend a lot of time on called rateyourmusic.com, and that is basically what it is- you rate albums that you own, and over time, one can check out what a substantial number of music lovers think of any given album. It's a great site, but a few dumbasses who don't like U2 rated HTDAAB before they even heard it, so it is not getting the rating it should. SO, anyone who is interested, please come over and become a member (it doesn't take long) and give it a quick an honest rating. Thanks!

This is HTDAAB's page:
http://rateyourmusic.com/view_album_details/album_id_is_170805

am really getting quite upset at all this.... first on amazon, and now here? if people dont like it fair enough, but its just the way they assume that if they dont like it you wont like it, just hope this dosent hurt the album sales

Mmmm I see one guy who had a username Zooropa that rated it 1 star so he is obviously a fan, obviously wanted a different type of album like many others, me included.

I subscribed and left a review: 5 out of 5 stars. The album is f*cking incredible, so why are people whining?

Nah negativity from a couple assholes won't hurt the album. I mean look at Eminem. he has a HUGE fanbase of haters and he can still sell 700k in a week. People with a brain won't base their opinions on someones "U2's new album sucks ass" review. the only thing they are doing is showing their immaturity IMO.

Given that every official review has been 'OH GOD THIS IS THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD' I'm not sure these are going to hurt sales much... Still, it is irritating. :madspit:

And what is all this animosity towards repeating the 'Oh you look so beautiful tonight' line multiple times at the end of COBL?? I LOVE that part! :(

Well my only response is that you can't please everyone....i agree tho seeing people disliking it can be annoying.

Um...you know not everyone, not even every U2 fan, is going to love, or even like, this album. Chill, people.

I havent been to that site, but I dont understand peoples beef with Amazon now. It's the first day you can post a review about the "regular edition" and theres already over 100 reviews. It's getting 4/5 Stars on it. There are a lot of bad reviews, but mostly good to great ones. It's those 1-star reviews that bring it down, and those are the awful ones by people who havent even heard it. There was one on amazon that basically said "Fuck u2 and their IPOD". Great review buddy. Still, 4/5 is not bad and is what majority of the press was giving it.

I don't understand why people bitch about it having 4/5 stars. IMO it isn't worth 5 stars... not much is. 4/5 is still an awsome score, I myself would probably give it a 3.5/5. Maybe stop a consider that people have different taste in music to you, and they may not like it, or they may prefer works by U2. I can definatly see a big fan of Pop not liking the last two albums, though you can also like both of course.

its getting 3.5/5 on amazon now, oh well. The Joshua tree doesnt even have a perfect score, which shows the brilliance of my favorite album: Achtung BAby. Still getting the perfect 5 stars, despite the u2 haters.

Yes, I know that not everyone likes the album, and I'm fine with that. It's just when people downrate it without having listened to it (as I know for a fact that several of those people did), that pisses me off.
Anyway, thanks to anyone who posted there.

Back
Top Bottom