Help! Bono/Amnesty...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slapnutz

Refugee
I?m working on a writing project about U2?s involvement with the human rights group Amnesty International and I need some help. I?m looking for a transcript of Bono?s acceptance speech at the 1994 MTV Awards when he collected the ?Free Your Mind? award on behalf of Amnesty (the 'Free your mind and your arse will follow' one). I?ve visited numerous websites and dived into my video archive but failed miserably. I?d be terribly grateful if anyone could provide the transcript or point me in the right direction.

This sound fabulous! If you are willing, I'd love for you to also publish this on Interference.com when it's done. Email me if you want to do so. :)

mtv.jpg

I found this pic, and this link

http://www.tibet.ca/en/wtnarchive/1994/11/26_1.html

MTV's special "Free Your Mind" prize went to Amnesty International, the
London-based human rights group. Bono, lead singer of the Irish mega-group U2
accepted the prize on Amnesty's behalf.

"Everybody wants to change the world, but no one knows where to start," he
said. "Amnesty International is a good place to start.

"Remember Bosnia, remember East Timor, remember Rwanda, remember Chinese
occupied Tibet and remember five years ago, what was going on behind these
Brandenburg gates."

Last edited:
Slapnutz said:
I?m working on a writing project about U2?s involvement with the human rights group Amnesty International and I need some help. I?m looking for a transcript of Bono?s acceptance speech at the 1994 MTV Awards when he collected the ?Free Your Mind? award on behalf of Amnesty (the 'Free your mind and your arse will follow' one). I?ve visited numerous websites and dived into my video archive but failed miserably. I?d be terribly grateful if anyone could provide the transcript or point me in the right direction.

Hi, I can't help ya with the speech, but I'm a member of Amnesty since one year ago -- write me if you need some news about A.I. and things like that!
:wink:

thanks for the link rafmed, very cool, so far that's as much I've got regarding his speech ... the search goes on ...

valentina - thanks for the offer, most generous of you. I may take you up on it.

helloangel - The piece I'm writing is for a rock mag in the uk and they'd kill me if it was published anywhere else. however such is the nature of this businesss it may never actually make it to print, and I'd only be too happy to let you guys publish it for free if this turns out to be the case.

Back
Top Bottom