Hello, Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickphisto

The Fly
my name is rick and i used to have the name of rickfly a while back on this forum.
i lost my old email address that it went to so i had to get a new name

help:
i am in the mist of making a 12disc u2 compilation which is going well and any suggestions please feel free to give.

now on to the main part of my message. a friend of mine who just got married and just got out of the army asked me to make him a u2 compilation. i want to use 2 cds and cover art. also he is i would say 50% responssible for my u2 addiction.

so, can everyone help my with song list ideas?

thanx

rick

GREAT TO BE BACK!

well the 12 disc is going to be a total mix of studio, live, etc...

my friends compilation ijust dont want radio hits over and over. he loves the achtung baby album so i am just trying to figure out what i should do. he mention me making him one but i didnt go into exact detail . i also dont want to ask him either. so i am just going to do the best i can do with 2 discs and send it to him because he lives a few hours away now. so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

here is what i have so far.

cd1
city of blinding lights
i will follow (boston 2001)
desire
sunday bloody sunday (rattle & Hum)
sometimes you cant make it on your own
until the end of the world
new years day
whose gonna ride your wild horses

rickphisto said:
well the 12 disc is going to be a total mix of studio, live, etc...

my friends compilation ijust dont want radio hits over and over. he loves the achtung baby album so i am just trying to figure out what i should do. he mention me making him one but i didnt go into exact detail . i also dont want to ask him either. so i am just going to do the best i can do with 2 discs and send it to him because he lives a few hours away now. so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Well if he loves AB, make sure you put Mysterious Ways, Even Better, and Zoo Station on there, too. If he adores the whole album, add Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, and more importantly, Love Is Blindness.

Listen to det "Hasta la vista"-cd from Popmart, Mexico. And i would suggest songs from the Slane-dvd and also the bootleg from ZooTV Dublin. And b-sides, like "Summer Rain", "Always", "Big girls are best", "Are you gonna wait forever", "Lady with the spinning head" ... u name it. The "Beautiful Day"-singles have good b-sides, including two songs from Popmart, Mexico. And One from the "Miss Sarajevo"-single. And of course a lot of songs from the Vertigo Tour.

B-sides, don't skimp on the Unforgettable Fire/Joshua Tree stuff.
I say just choose around 4-6 favourites from each album, then a load of extras, include lots of the unreleased stuff from the iTunes box and plenty of live stuff. Make sure you include The Fly from Boston Elevation.

rickphisto said:
my name is rick and i used to have the name of rickfly a while back on this forum.
i lost my old email address that it went to so i had to get a new name.

If you want to simply tell me your new email address (in private) I can change it in your old account and you can continue to use that account.

i just sent the email to you sicy, thanx a bunch. i am going to take everyones suggestions in to account today. and please give some more, they are great!!!

off to work!

Back
Top Bottom