Hello from Melbourne!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ishkash

War Child
Hi guys!

Just dropped to say I am alive and in one of the most beautiful places on Earth.Melbourne,Australia.I just can't say how delighted I was to see Bono on the cover of the TIME mag in CBD.

I hope U2 is doing is fine and so all of you.

Cheers!

ish

------------------
In this Ozzland

Hope you are having the time of your life!
cool.gif

God bless&
take care of yourself
smile.gif

Hey! So good hearing from you Ishan, you?ve been missed. I didn?t know you were in Australia. Good to know you?re having a great time. Enjoy!
smile.gif

hey Ish...great to hear you made it safe and sound. Hope you get a chance to tune into the Grammies.
biggrin.gif

G'day ishkash...glad you like it, I'm rather fond of the place myself. Not sure if you are doing the tourist thing, but if you get a chance, go to the William Ricketts Sanctuary in the Dandenong Mountains. One of my favourite places on Earth. I was lucky enough to meet Billie just before he died. I was enchanted by his work, he was enchanted by my children...Unless..One...pmara kutata.
Enjoy it all.

PS: The Grammies will be televised on Oz TV on Friday night. Cheers 2 U2..and the winner is........one of LMJ's fabulous drumrolls....U2!!!!!

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 02-27-2002).]

Nice to see you again Ishkash! How is your son?
wink.gif
Have a great time in Australia!!

biggrin.gif

------------------
Show a little faith
There's magic in the night

Originally posted by foray:
Where did you end up staying? Student apartment or ymca?

foray

Hi foray,

I am in Murrumbeena,I am sharing an apartment with another friend for 155 AU$ per week.I guess that pretty cheap and its only 2 stations away from the Caulfield Campus.Apart from that, the great Carnegie market is a Kilometer's walk away.So I am living in a sort of bliss *fingers crossed*

------------
In this Ozzland

[This message has been edited by ishkash (edited 03-05-2002).]

hey ishkash, glad your having fun, take care and be safe
smile.gif

------------------
lilsparky: did you like the pics i took of my favorite band?
viktor: actually had a dream about larry mullen last night...not a gay dream but a weird dream.....
lilsparky: really?
lilsparky: what was it about?
viktor: yeah...we were going to a party and all my high school friends walked along him and then Bono rushed out and said something weird and that guy from the pouges...shane mac Gowan came and we all showered in sugar
viktor: weird

Originally posted by foray:
You will get addicted to souvlakis, I know it.

yarof

My Australian is still not very good.So will ya help me here

------------------
In this Ozland

Originally posted by PopTart, Pamela:
St Kilda markets also very good.
So pleased you are enjoying Oz. Have a great stay !!

Pamela

Yeah I have plans to go to that beach.Infact thats the first on the priority lists for the weekend.Dam! today I missed the chance for the Great Ocean Road ride, I have to wait till 14th April.

I just can't imagine U2 not coming to this great land with perhaps the best tour of all time. *Shame*

------------------
In this Ozland

Originally posted by RufusYoungblood:
I used to catch a train to work from Murrumbeena Station.

Man that station has a wooden bridge to cross the platforms and when the train comes it swings like a ride to hell.One of the best places for an adevnture ride.Satnd on it and wait for an express train.

------------------
In this Ozland

hi Ishkash, maybe you can answer this question now:
is Australia half a day ahead of us
or 364 1/2 day behind?

biggrin.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 03-05-2002).]

Nice to hear from you! Take care and enjoy yourself!

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I think I mistook you for someone else ishkash. I thought you were an older person on a holiday. You are young man here to attend University?
Good luck, give it all
smile.gif

I'm not sure, there were a few ppl who posted on this forum who are from India.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 03-07-2002).]

Originally posted by cass:
I think I mistook you for someone else ishkash. I thought you were an older person on a holiday. You are young man here to attend University?
Good luck, give it all
smile.gif

LMAO! So who's that someone else??

Hey Ishkash!!! Welcome to Melbourne
smile.gif

Seeing as I am a Melbournian myself, I'd love to say what a great place it is to live in!!! How long are you here for? Make sure that you go to the MCG to see an Aussie Rules football match if you can. The season begins quite soon. That will be an experience and an education for you! You might pick up some more of the "Aussie language"!!! (You'll learn lots of new swear words!!!).

Have fun,

LD

Back
Top Bottom