Heavy metal fans :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KUEFC09U2 said:
guys come on, at least respect the admin here and get it back on topic

Yes, I'm sorry, I posted that after I left the computer to have some lunch, and missed what happened.

I'm not much of a fan of Metal, it sounds like banging on trashcans to me. :shrug:

Well, an attempt to get back on topic here.
I think Edge's style in underrated.

Here's Edge's view towards heavy metal in an interview from 1992:

MUSICIAN: Ten or twelve years into this, you can look out at a lot of guitarists you've influenced.

EDGE:: Yeah. Unfortunately when something is distilled down to a simple style, those who copy the style basically are copying something very flat. You take what I do, bring it down to a little short formula and try and apply it in another context, another guitar player, another song- it's going to sound terrible. I think that's probably what's happened to Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page. So many of their strong ideas have been taken up by other guitar players in other bands and the result is some pretty awful music. Heavy metal for one.

And from 1986:

I don't really see myself as a guitar player," says U2's Edge. "I'm more of a songwriter or composer. In looking for a new way to say things with a guitar. I've developed my own style, but it was just something I was led to instinctively, out of frustration at the rubbish most people were putting out at the time."

GibsonGirl said:

Nice edit. I saw the reference to the other thread before you removed it. :) Don't try to fool me.

Now you moan about editing too? Go ahead and believe what you want.

I just wanted to reply to your backstabbing in this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom