Heartland Tour - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2002, 09:26 AM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 12:46 AM
Heartland Tour

So...
What's the deal with this? Is Bono performing or lecturing? There don't seem to be many details.

Old 11-27-2002, 10:03 AM   #2
The Fly

You can find more details here.

www.youtwo.net

Old 11-27-2002, 11:40 AM   #3
War Child

Local Time: 07:46 PM

Sadly...not enough details

I need to know WHERE in Cincinnati he's going to be
before I
Old 11-27-2002, 01:07 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:46 PM
a friend of mine just told me that she's heard rumors of another stop being added at Willow Creek in Chicago.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:51 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 06:46 PM
Yeah...I'm still waiting for more details on the Waterloo date-the time it starts, the place it'll be held...I wanna let my teacher know soon!

Someone on the U2 portion of the Forums 4 Fans boards had an article about this whole heartland visit posted...yesterday, I believe, and it said that they'd also stop in Dubuque as well (this is so cool...Bono's gonna be visiting my home state...I love that fact).

*Wishes that they'd visit the western side of the state...preferably the northwestern side...*

Angela
Old 11-27-2002, 05:13 PM   #6
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by browneyedgirl
Sadly...not enough details

I need to know WHERE in Cincinnati he's going to be
before I

I know how you feel! I need to know where!! I live in cincy..Bono hasn't been here for anything in a long time! (thinking not like since uhh 1981 or 1982 or so?!) lol so I am ready for him to be here.
Old 11-27-2002, 11:51 PM   #7
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Normal

Not that this is that much more help, but it's from youtwo.net:
http://www.youtwo.net/news_archives.adp?newsid=22556

November 27, 2002
"Heart of America" Tour FAQs
A YouTwo.net Report

You may have read something about Bono and Ashley Judd traveling across "America's Heartland" to speak to
people about the AIDS crisis in Africa. Other than the three announcements about lectures at the University of
Nebraska-Lincoln, University of Iowa, and Wheaton College, very little information has been revealed about the
tour.

YouTwo.net spoke with representatives from the various organizations involved in the tour and have gathered
answers to the questions people have been asking.

Q: What's the "Heart of America" tour all about?
A: In both formal (university) and informal (churches, coffee houses) settings, Bono and Ashley Judd will be talking
about AIDS and poverty in Africa and what people in the Heartland can do to help.

Q: Is the tour private or public?
A: Except for the university lectures, all events are private and not open to the public. You must be affiliated with
the sponsoring host -- or be their guest -- to attend.

Q: Can I obtain a ticket to one of the university lectures?
A: Both the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and University of Iowa distributed all of the tickets to the lecture at their
respective school in a matter of minutes. Faculty, staff, and students were given priority access to the lectures.
Wheaton College reports that it will be following the same distribution process as the other two schools.

Q: Besides the lectures at the universities, is there any way I can learn about what Bono and Ashley Judd have
to say about Africa?
A: Several of the tour's scheduled stops will involve local Jubilee USA chapters (read Jubilee USA's press release).
If you live in one of the cities on the tour schedule and know there is a local Jubilee USA chapter, you should contact
that office for details about an event in your city.

Q: If I'm not affiliated with any of the universities where lectures are being given or with Jubilee USA, is there any
way I can experience the Heart of America tour?
A: It is our understanding that the tour buses will be making informal stops at public places like coffee houses as
"surprise visits." Keep your eyes and ears open and you might run into Ashley or Bono on the streets or in line
while you're getting a cup of coffee.

Q: Where can I learn more about the crisis in Africa and how I can help?
A: Visit DATA's web site at http://www.datadata.org.

"Heart of America" Tour Dates and Cities (schedule not confirmed)

Sunday, December 1 - University of Nebraska-Lincoln lecture - no tickets available
Sunday, December 1 - Omaha, Nebraska - private event
Monday, December 2 - University of Iowa-Iowa City lecture - no tickets available
Tuesday, December 3 - Waterloo, Iowa - private event
Tuesday, December 3 - Wheaton College - Chicago, Illinois - no tickets available
Wednesday, December 4 - Chicago suburbs - private events
Thursday, December 5 - Indianapolis, Indiana - private event with Jubilee USA chapter - tickets available!
Friday, December 6 - Cincinnati, Ohio - private event
Saturday, December 7- Louisville, Kentucky - private event with Presbyterian Church USA
Sunday, December 8 - Nashville, Tennessee - private event
Old 11-28-2002, 12:45 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Poo.

The Waterloo event's a private one. *Pouts*

Guess I'll just have to hope for an informal, surprise visit from Bono.

Angela
Old 11-28-2002, 09:28 AM   #9
The Fly

Interesting news!

The event will be streamed live on this site.

http://www.unl.edu/unlpub/index.shtml#
Old 11-28-2002, 03:49 PM   #10
War Child

Moonlit_Angel, I'm hoppin' down to Iowa City on the 2nd because the chr. of the U. of Iowa lecture committee said there was a good chance that if I showed up, I'd be able to see the lecture. Maybe that would be something for you to look into.

I'm pretty bummed about the Waterloo stop being "private", too! Hopefully Bono will just make one of his "surprise visits" at UNI...right in the middle of my biology lab. That would be great! lOL! :
Old 11-28-2002, 04:11 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kariatari
Moonlit_Angel, I'm hoppin' down to Iowa City on the 2nd because the chr. of the U. of Iowa lecture committee said there was a good chance that if I showed up, I'd be able to see the lecture. Maybe that would be something for you to look into.

I'm pretty bummed about the Waterloo stop being "private", too! Hopefully Bono will just make one of his "surprise visits" at UNI...right in the middle of my biology lab. That would be great! lOL! :
I was looking into that event originally...don't know if tickets are still left, I mentioned it to my teacher earlier this week, and she didn't think we'd be able to go to the one in Iowa City, which is why she suggested I look at the Waterloo event instead.

Even if there are tickets left, there's not much advance notice for her to invite other people along if she wants to, and we'd need to let the school know and all that, so...I highly doubt we'd be able to make it to Iowa City, as much as I'd love to go, it'd take some sort of miracle or something to get there.

*Sighs*

Why doesn't DATA stop by NIACC? That's only a couple of hours away...I could easily go to that event.

Angela
Old 11-28-2002, 07:24 PM   #12
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel

*Wishes that they'd visit the western side of the state...preferably the northwestern side...*

Angela
OMG!! Angela...do you mean to tell me that I'm not the only U2 fan in NW Iowa?!!

We simply must chat sometime!
Old 12-03-2002, 12:24 AM   #13
War Child

Iowa City-
I GOT IN!

It was amazing!
Truly moving!

New song - moving. Probably somewhat cheesy if not played/heard in same context.
Old 12-03-2002, 11:34 AM   #14
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by kariatari
Iowa City-
I GOT IN!

It was amazing!
Truly moving!

New song - moving. Probably somewhat cheesy if not played/heard in same context.
Did you get to meet him?
Old 12-03-2002, 12:05 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Hey Kari. I'm glad you got in! Did you get a good seat?

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosloveslave

Did you get to meet him?
Well, no one did.. I waited outside for ages and he just ran by and waved and got into the bus. Some fans told us that they waited when the bus got there, and he just ran in then, too, and didn't say hi or anything. Oh well.
Old 12-03-2002, 01:51 PM   #16
War Child

Yeah...what elevatedmole said. I didn't wait around all that long because my roommate really wanted to get home and I had a Bio lab report to finish.

I had decent seats...I was close enough to see the wrinkles around his eyes.

It's funny because I wasn't even planning on going until I got a phone call at 3:00 yesterday from my friend at U of Iowa who had somehow managed to snag a ticket.

Supposedly DATA is making a stop in Waterloo, so I'm going to keep my eyes peeled!
Old 12-03-2002, 07:40 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

They stopped by Waterloo earlier today.

Did anyone here in Iowa check out the articles in the Des Moines Register today on Bono's visit? I was reading them during study hall today. I hope other people checked out those articles today.

Man, how I wish I could've been there. Do you know how frustrating it was for me to know that Bono was only a few hours away from me, and I was unable to go see him? Argh.

Eh. Oh, well. It was still awesome to know that he came to Iowa in the first place, period. .

Angela
Old 12-03-2002, 07:47 PM   #18
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Angela - did you see this article?

http://forum.interference.com/showth...threadid=69119
Old 12-03-2002, 07:59 PM   #19
War Child

Angela, did you hear exactly where they were in W'loo? I'd like to know!
Old 12-03-2002, 08:40 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosloveslave
Angela - did you see this article?

http://forum.interference.com/showth...threadid=69119
I did not see that.

Those...are...some...insanely...lucky...students.

My teacher did say yesterday morning, however, that she'd heard on the radio that Bono may be coming to Sioux Falls...is this true? (perhaps she heard wrong, 'cause nothing in this thread has said anything about that, so I dunno...but hey, if that does wind up being true, I may have a second chance).

Kariatari, I don't recall where they were exactly in Waterloo...but it doesn't matter, that was a private event, anyway, it wasn't open to the public.

And he's in Illinois by now, 'cause his next stop is Chicago, so...

Angela