Heartland Tour - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2002, 09:48 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:32 PM
Congratulations on getting into the Iowa City talk, Kariatari! That's amazing. I heard those tickets were absolutely impossible to come by. And you got to hear him sing as well as talk? WOW! I wonder if that song will ever show up in any other context.

One of my co-workers saw the article from the Quad City Times on the Internet (she checks that site sometimes because she used to live in that area) and she told me about it because she knows I'm a big U2 fan. It was so funny! We were sitting there at our desks and she was reading bits and pieces of it out loud to me, such as the part about Bono ordering the Oreo and peanut butter blizzard. I read it myself when I finally got a free moment.

It WAS weird yesterday and today thinking Bono is here in my state, just a couple hours away. I can't get over his stopping at the truck stop. How many celebrities would be caught dead at a truck stop, let alone one in Iowa? He's making so many unexpected stops that I'm almost beginning to wonder if he will just suddenly show up in north-central Iowa and I'll run into him...but I guess that would be a bit out of his way if he's headed to Illinois next. (Sigh!)

Old 12-03-2002, 10:00 PM   #22
Refugee

Local Time: 07:32 PM

at "Bono ordered a peanut butter Oreo blizzard at Dairy Queen"
That must have sounded adorable with his accent

Old 12-03-2002, 11:29 PM   #23
War Child

I got tickets to Indy. I hope i get to meet him..he seems busy..but ya never know. *crosses fingers*
Old 12-04-2002, 12:31 AM   #24
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's shades
Congratulations on getting into the Iowa City talk, Kariatari! That's amazing. I heard those tickets were absolutely impossible to come by. And you got to hear him sing as well as talk? WOW! I wonder if that song will ever show up in any other context.

Tickets were definitely hard to come by! I got mine by pure luck! After an attempt at writing the Chr. of the University Lecture Committee didn't produce results, I had pretty much given up hope. (After I edited the letter from my previous post, it turned out pretty kick-ass and I'm proud of myself for just taking the initiative to write!) I had initially been planning on going down to Iowa City and finding any way I could to get in, but then I decided that my Bio paper took precedence over a miniscule chance of hearing Bono.

Then on Monday afternoon at about 3:00 P.M. my roommate's boyfriend (who goes to U of Iowa) called and asked what time we were heading down, and when my roommate told me we weren't going he said, "Well, I got a ticket, so you'd better get going because people are already starting to line up." (What a sweetie!) I was jumping up and down the halls in my dorm...it was great! He was telling one of his fellow anthropology friend that I was a U2 fan as well as a global health advocate and was coming down even though I didn't have a ticket and she said that she thought she could get ahold of an extra ticket for me.

While I was waiting in line at the Union, there was a girl who had 3 tickets that she was trying to give away. I thought that was unfortunate because there had to have been at *least* 3 other people who didn't go because they didn't have tickets.

I can't even begin to describe how attending the event has impacted me. It was just the thing I needed...I was already involved in UNI's Global Health Corps, and after hearing various student leaders from U of Iowa talk at the lecture (and of course, Bono ) it really made me put my goals in perspective and now I'm going to go at them all the more ferociously. I don't have the celebrity that Bono and Ashley Judd have, but I something that is equally powerful, if not, more -- potential. And if this lecture moved other students even HALF the amount I was moved, I just know there are going to be big things happening!
Old 12-04-2002, 07:24 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by U2SJ
at "Bono ordered a peanut butter Oreo blizzard at Dairy Queen"
That must have sounded adorable with his accent
Haha, no kidding! I hadn't heard about that.

I remember reading in those articles that he stopped at this harvest dinner thing in a small town, and he signed the guestbook there: "Bono...Dublin, Ireland...The Milky Way".

Hehe.

Kariatari, congrats on making it to the lecture. I'm glad you enjoyed it. .

Angela
Old 12-04-2002, 11:36 AM   #26
War Child

Local Time: 08:32 PM
Bono will be at my alma mater (wheaton college, wheaton, IL)tonight at 7:30pm. I have a good friend (who will be there tonight) who's wife works for the college, and she says that he will be giving a lecture and also performing with an 8-member African children's choir. I don't have any verification about the choir, or if he'll actually sing with them, but that's the rumor.
Old 12-04-2002, 12:17 PM   #27
War Child

Well, he sang with the choir at all of the other lectures, so I'm betting he'll do the same at Wheaton.
Old 12-04-2002, 01:20 PM   #28
War Child

ok, I'm a moron. I really had no idea what had happened at the other stops and somehow thought I was providing new information. You can all just move along now and stop staring at the idiot monkey-boy.

I still think it's really cool the Bono will be on the very same stage I've been on before. He very well may use the same microphone I've used. This, of course, would mean that I'm basically in the band. Yes. I'm am in U2. Actually, I am U2. You can call me U, for short, if you'd like.

Thank you.
Old 12-04-2002, 01:45 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict