Heard HTDAAB today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's very interesting for us to have a fan's perspective on these one-listen parties organized for the media. The fact is, it is not possible for ANYONE to write a proper review after hearing the album once. All you can get are the most obvious and catchy parts of the music. So we should really take all these pre-release reviews with a big grain of salt, whether they are positive or not.

But thanks a lot Dutch Partygirl for the info and impressions you could give us!

COBL is a very powerful song I think. Loved that one!

Fast Cars is on the UK and Japanese (normal cd) version and on the deluxe version (at least that's how I understood it this afternoon).

oceane: you are right. It's almost impossible to write a review after hearing an album just once. Most albums grow on you and you don't get to the real meaning of the songs after hearing them once. Internet has got a lot of good qualities, but one bad thing it has brought my workfield is this. Extreme caution with new releases and therefor a twisted view in reviews.

Can you describe Crumbs more for us? Was there a guitar solo? And Yahweh too, the same question?

radioskugga: I didn't think it was overproduced. What I did notice about the sound was that Bono's voice was not loud enough in some of the songs. But that could have been the installation they were playing it on or the room we were in.

ok, good, thanks :)

Another question: How does the album "flow"? What do you think about the tracklisting? Any songs that you think fit being after eachother (like promenade -> 4th of july -> bad), or maybe there are songs that just sound out of place?

...the booklet please...? i am growing "antsy"
:drool: :combust:

I'm just kidding, take your time, Dutch Partygirl! But please post some pics! I wanna see what it looks like!

Thanks for your insight Dutch Partygirl.
Yor're comments have been very informative and I, for one am glad you took the time. You truly seem to sum it up in a remarkable perspective and I can only say,
I wish I could here what you heard - when you looked at there world :up:
Hang in there, your opinion maters.

Dutch Partygirl said:

I can understand that people are a bit sceptic, I'll scan the leaflet (not that it's anything special) and hope that'll be enough proof...

Dutch, I really don't understand you understanding people being skeptic of you. You are an established member here on these boards, not some random Babyface coming along and making these claims. I believe you, and I don't need you to jump through hoops for me to do so either. Thank you very much for posting your experience! I am looking forward to HTDAAB that much more now!

:up:

Dutch Partygirl thanks for the info.
Sorry we keep pushing, but can you tell me something about Bono's falsetto vocal in SYCMIOYO?
Is there another U2 song where you can compare this to?
i am just curious how true he is able to sing the higher notes here.....
thanks for your report :)

edit: oh, now I see from the updated translation post on utour.de that it is actually edge singing falsetto.

oh well, any more details on this song still appreciated.....those guys also say it does not have a memoroable chorus??

Last edited:
Congrats partygirl, lucky for you! Thanks very much for taking the time to come in here and share your thoughts, answer questions, ect., your input is greatly appreciated...always good to hear the opinion of a fan whether positive or negative, though your reaction seems to be positive - awesome! :up: Was there anything reminiscent of Pop on there? *hopeful*

dutchpartygirl:

thanks for your info.

to everyone else:
stop asking so many f%*@in questions; the album will be out in 3 weeks.

Murray: Don't expect too much of the leaflet. It's not the cd booklet or anything, it's just a small leaflet with info about the producers and in which format the album will be released. There aren't any pictures in there, but it's styled like the HTDAAB cover.

Starsgoblue: The reason I can understand people being sceptical is because I've been hanging around here quite a bit (you wouldn't think that if you look at the number posts I made, but I don't always feel the need to share my thoughts etc with the rest of the world). There have been a lot of rumours and I understand that everybody's anxious and on top of it.

I'm not going through hoops to proof anything. If people don't want to believe it, fine. If people think this thread hasn't got any useful info without a leak, fine. I know people want every bit of info out there at the moment, that's why I'll try to scan the leaflet today (can't make any promises though, very busy at work right now! Deadline stress!!!). Off to work now...

Hi dutch Partygirl. Thanks for sharing your listening party experience with us! It seems you don't have to bother to 'proof your point' and scan those leaflets. :wink: The guys at u2tour.de have those scans as well:
hxxp://www.u2tour.de/specials/htdaab_prelistening/index_EN.php
(rename hxxp to http)

So...do you remember any big guitar solos in there? Crumbs? Yahweh? We know very little about this two songs. Can you describe them a bit more?

all of you listen to it when it comes out and make up your own mind!!!!!!!
for me, i'm getting good vibes...for my best u2 albums i never got the feel, tune, structure whatever on the first listen....it sinks in with a number of listens....this album sounds like it is fitting in nicely with this format for me

jackboy has got a point there: it's very difficult to remember details like guitarsolos etc. when you've got 12 new songs coming your way in an hours time. Sorry I can't give you any more info on that djerdap. I just got a strange feeling when Yahweh came on. It's a good thing they put it on the album as the last song, because it really stands out in my opinion. It's a bit of a weird song...

Aardvark: Thanx!

Thanks for this, Dutch Partygirl. Great read. What was your favourite from the album?

I'm really looking forward to this. One week, and I have the single for Vertigo, and one new track.

Thanks again!

AussieU2fanman said:
MirACLE dRUG?! I MUST KNOW!! I can't sleep at night not knowing this is the best u2 song ever written!
The thoughts about that song causing some Vertigo while asleep.... that should be a terrible nightmare then! :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom