Hawkmoon 269 - live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
What was the best live version of Hawkmoon? I love the song and would love to get a good live recrding of it.

--Grr, used the word 'love' twice in above sentence...

And out of damn curiosity, why the heck IS it named Hawkmoon 269? Anybody? ANybody? Buller?

Hawkmoon was a place in South Dakota that the band saw when they were touring...Bono saw the name and liked it......the 269 is how many times (versions) they made trying to get the song "right". (according to Joe O'Hearily)

[This message has been edited by Swan269 (edited 05-25-2002).]

Version from Lovetown are awesome.
The Rotterdam and Australian Lovetown versions especially.
Womanfish had one up recently but I think its down now.
I found Rotterdam originally on WINMX
Good Luck finding one, lil sis!

The best version of Hawkmoon you are going to find is a soundboard version taken from the Australian Lovetown documentary special. It is taken from the 11-18-89 Sydney show. Quality is fantastic.

I would suggest getting the Sydney Lovetown version of this song- I have it and it is just great- I just love how they re-worked this song live, it really does sound so much different than the version of Rattle, in fact I think the live version is better than the original and it is up there in my top ten fave U2 songs and to get it I would try NewMedia- they should have it for sure:)

Hawk269 said:
Did somebody say "Hawkmoon"??

AJ

how did I know you would reply to this? yeah, great song and I think of the most underrated U2 songs. wish they would play it live more often.

Back
Top Bottom