Hawkmoon 269 Appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chickadee

New Yorker
In light of how many people are saying it's underrated and also the fact I love this song, I thought I'd start a topic. Probably been done before but I'm bored, so sue me ;)

What is it you love about the song? I find it very intense and yet expansive. Ooh, get me.

When the night has no end
And the day yet to begin
As the room spins around
I need your love
:heart:

Love the intro esp. the moment the thundering drums come on! Beautiful lyrics too and those backing vocals!!! :drool:

The live version with Edge's gorgeous slide solo has to be one of U2's best concert openers. Absolutely awesome stuff.

I used to HAAAAATE this song, but recently something clicked in my brain, and now I find it's very :drool: :drool: :drool:

like heat needs the sun,
like honey on her tongue,
like the muzzle of a gun,
like oxygen....I need your love! :whistle:

I LOVE this song!!!! It is a song that I am ALWAYS singing along to out loud!

"I need your love"

Me and my brother do an acoustic cover of it:drool: ( nothing that organised it just happened in our kitchen.........)

Brilliant song:wink:

Great song. I love at the end when there's that chanting in the back. I remember when I first listened to it and heard him sing " Heard a singer on the radio late last night, said he's going to kick the darkness till it bleeds daylight" and I realized that was Bruce Cockburn he was talking about.. I thought that was pretty darn sweet!:wink:

:drool: x Infinity
So raw, so primitive.... I swear I can feel this song in my bloodstream every time I hear it.

Couple of years ago this song brought me a little notoriety with my best friend & one of her hubby's friends. Hubby was making a CD for Friend, who had provided the tracks he wanted (Hubby has a HUUUGE CD collection). Well, Hubby had all the songs Buddy wanted with one exception. It was a U2 song but Hubby couldn't find it on any of my friend's albums & since he's not a U2 fan, he was stumped. They asked my friend, but she's still in her U2 fandom infancy & wasn't much help - so she calls me at home with the following conversation:

Susan: Hey - Scott's making a CD for Paul, but they don't know what album the song they want is on. I told them you'd know.

Me: Sure... what's the song?

Susan: I've never heard of it.... "Honeymoon I-69".

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

After a I finished my laughing fit, I set them straight & pointed them to R&H. Everytime I hear the song now, I think of that. :lol:

RavenBlue said:
Great song. I love at the end when there's that chanting in the back. I remember when I first listened to it and heard him sing " Heard a singer on the radio late last night, said he's going to kick the darkness till it bleeds daylight" and I realized that was Bruce Cockburn he was talking about.. I thought that was pretty darn sweet!:wink:

That's not Hawkmoon... those lyrics are from God, Pt 2.

I'm posting the lyrics after realising I hadn't. *slaps self upside head*

Like a desert needs rain
Like a town needs a name
I need your love

Like a drifter needs a room
Hawkmoon
I need your love
I need your love

Like a rhythm unbroken
Like drums in the night
Like sweet soul music
Like sunlight
I need your love

Like coming home
And you don't know where you've been
Like black coffee
Like nicotine
I need your love (I need your love)

And the day yet to begin
As the room spins around
I need your love
I need your love

Like a Phoenix rising needs a holy tree
Like the sweet revenge of a bitter enemy
I need your love

Like the hot needs the sun
Like honey on her tongue
Like the muzzle of a gun
Like oxygen

And the day yet to begin
As the room spins around
I need your love

I need your love...
[Repeat 9 times]

Like thunder needs rain
Like a preacher needs pain
Like tongues of flame
Like a sheet stained
I need your love
I need your love

Like a needle in a vein
Like someone to blame
Like a thought unchained
Like a runaway train
I need your love

I need your love...
[Repeat 7 times]

Like faith needs a doubt
Like a freeway out
I need your love

Like powder needs a spark
Like lies need the dark
I need your love

In the heart of the heat of the love
In the heart of the heat of the love...

Axver said:
The live version with Edge's gorgeous slide solo has to be one of U2's best concert openers. Absolutely awesome stuff.

Yes, yes, agree. I only got one version form one of the Ultra Rare Trax boots, not the best quality. This song was only played in Aus/N. Zealand right?

Any suggestions of other versions Ax?

hey, u2granny, I must thank you for that. I was looking for a Hawkmoon live version for a while, since the only bootleg I have from Lovetown doesn't have this song.

:bow:

Back
Top Bottom