Hawkmoon 269

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thetitans2k

Refugee
I love this song. I dont think it gets enough appreciation on this forum. Its unreal.

HAWKMOON I need your love.

I posted this question on an "it's a musical journey' thread, but I don't think anyone responded.

Anybody know WHAT the choir's singing at the end of the song?

Great song, one I come back to every once in a while and just think 'Excellent' :D

Ellay said:
I posted this question on an "it's a musical journey' thread, but I don't think anyone responded.

Anybody know WHAT the choir's singing at the end of the song?

And the heat of love in the heart

Ect..

My favorite part is when Bono starts screaming "LIKE A THUNDER NEEDS RAIN, LIKE SOMEONE TO BLAME, LIKE A SOMETHING OR SOMETHING....etc."

yeah, that part. :yes:

One of the best U2 songs ever. Also one of my all time favorites. If there is a top 5 U2 list for me than this song is there for sure. There's nothing in it that I don't love. :up:

Lancemc said:
My favorite part is when Bono starts screaming "LIKE A THUNDER NEEDS RAIN, LIKE SOMEONE TO BLAME, LIKE A SOMETHING OR SOMETHING....etc."

yeah, that part. :yes:

:drool:

this is by far one of the band's finest moments, it's got everything.... including screaming Bono.

Cooper2000 said:

Ect..

Sounds right.

The best song on Rattle n Hum ... :up:

When the night has no end ...
And the day yet to begin ...
As the room spins around ...
I need your love ...
I need your love ...

:love: :heart:

Great, great concert opener. That sydney documentry where the bird is flying and all the shots of kings cross gives me the chills. One of my fave U2 moments EVER!

Just HATE the shit stain lyric though...pleased it was replaced live!

I always heard the chorus as singing "In the heart of a deeper love," though I wouldn't bet that I'm right. I like the layer that gives to the song, though.

i love this song so much that even reading the snippets of the lyrics posted makes me hyper (and gives me the strange longing to strip off all my clothes :wink: :combust: )

chrissybaby said:
Great, great concert opener. That sydney documentry where the bird is flying and all the shots of kings cross gives me the chills. One of my fave U2 moments EVER!

Just HATE the shit stain lyric though...pleased it was replaced live!

Funny you should say that,

I always though it was SHEET stain until I heard a live version (melbourne) where he seems to sing Shit.

MsMofoGone said:

Oh I forgot ... should I have added "after Heartland" ?? :lol: :drool:

:wink:

yeah!!

let's see...

heartland #9
hawkmoon #15
god pt II #17
all I want is you #21
angel of harlem #22

The five Rattle&Hum masterpieces :drool: :drool:

Hawkmoon... this song got me hooked since the first listening. It's a masterpiece and it's extremely overlooked, they were trully inspired when they made this song. Especially Bono... :up:

Ellay said:

Funny you should say that,

I always though it was SHEET stain until I heard a live version (melbourne) where he seems to sing Shit.

In the version on R and H. There is no doubt that he says "sheet stain." which might make more sense, Im not sure.

Back
Top Bottom