Have you read the the new U2 encyclopaedia?....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougal55

War Child
Hey!

Have you read the new U2 book written by Mark Chatterton yet? If you have then go to this web-page and leave your commments to Matthew Slater's comments that "the detail is impressive but the prose is plodding and the tone far too reverential - surely the most dedicated fan would admit that not every song in the band's 25 years has been a classic" I thought what the feck is that about? He's not a fan but someone who took a glance at the book and wrote this as far as I am concerned....

here's the link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/entertainment/reviews/newsid_1672000/1672878.stm

I have left my comments there so go on leave your own comments about the book or Matthew Slater's criticism.....or both.....

cheers my dears!

dougal

I've been wanting that book ever since I heard about it.

I can't find it anywhere around here...looks like I will have to order it!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 12-04-2001).]

Originally posted by Bonochick:

I can't find it anywhere around here...looks like I will have to order it!

I ordered mine from the B&N site-they finally e-mailed me the other day that they're shipping it-so they must have it now.

Yes, I've read some 'negative' reviews about it, but I'll wait to see for myself.
smile.gif

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

My birthday is in 9 days, if the birthday goddess(mom)doesn't provide a copy-santa had better.
I can't wait to read it.

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
I ordered mine from the B&N site-they finally e-mailed me the other day that they're shipping it-so they must have it now.

Thanks for the info!

I have a B&N in town...I was hoping they'd get it in stock, but I can always order it!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I read parts of the book at the Virgin Megastore in Chicago, and found at least one mistake that was a bit annoying. If you go to United Center, the writer talks about Jonathan (the guy pulled up to play piano). However, he writes that Jonathan accompanied the band on the Sweetest Thing, when in reality, it was Stay (Faraway, So Close).

Louis http://elevation01.tripod.com

Back
Top Bottom