Have you ever got bored by U2 – and Interference?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTVTOURist

Refugee
Now stuck inbetween an 'old' and a 'new' record, I'd ask the provocative question, if you ever got
- Bored by U2 in general?
- Bored by a certain phase or performance?
- Bored by the hype surrounding them?
- Bored by communities likes this here?

In other words: Have you ever lost faith in our favourite band? And if so, why and when?:wink:

Interference is at the most boring I have seen it.

I go through phases with U2 - I am currently in an upcycle, which should last until the new album.

I don't think 'bored' = 'lost faith'

That being said, yeah I can't think of any band where I haven't been bored with them for short periods at a time...

Never been bored or disappointed by the band - mostly because even with all the hype they always give off the message that they are just people. Mistakes, flops, and foul-ups only endear them to me. :)

I wouldn't say I have been exactly bored with Interference - but certainly exasperated with all the bickering that can happen with the lack of activity...

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I can't think of any band where I haven't been bored with them for short periods at a time...

^ I completely agree with this.

And I'm pretty darn new to posting 'round here on Interference so I'm not bored of it..........yet. :wink:

ZOOTVTOURist said:
Now stuck inbetween an 'old' and a 'new' record, I'd ask the provocative question, if you ever got
- Bored by U2 in general?
- Bored by a certain phase or performance?
- Bored by the hype surrounding them?
- Bored by communities likes this here?

In other words: Have you ever lost faith in our favourite band? And if so, why and when?:wink:

No.
No.
Sort of.
At times.

And no, bored does not equal lost faith.

Most of the main catalogue bores me. After hearing the live stuff repeatedly kick the ass of studio stuff, the album songs really just don't impress me much anymore.

I'm never board of U2 - I just download new bootlegs to placate my addiction.

Sometimes I go through phases where I look over my U2 CDs trying to decide which one to listen to and none of them seem appealing.

I get bored by U2, I go in and out of phases. Mostly out when they're not doing anything, but I cant get bored of interference. Well I can, but it doesnt happen too often. Most people here spend all their time in the other forums while U2 is on break.

I try not to listen to them too much or get involved with anything they do (again too much) until the next album/tour comes along so I wouldn't get bored/sick of U2.

As for Interference....no...I never get sick of this site. In fact I consider you guys to be a great support system whenever I feel down and out or :angry: with something in my life.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say bored exactly, but my interest does go through peaks and dips, maybe a year or so ago my interest was at a real peak and I couldn't get enough of the band, which was pretty good since 2007 marked 10 years of me being a fan. Lately I've been getting into a few other bands and really enjoying what they're doing so I suppose my fascination has cooled a little.

Of course its nothing a great new album and some fantastic live shows couldn't cure, U2 are just on the back-burner.

I still really love Interference and really enjoy being part of the community so even though we're perhaps going through a dry spell in terms of topics I've no doubt things will pick up again.

Mind you, I do worry about us struggling for things to talk about whilst the band are still active. What happens when they are no more?

I listen to a lot of other artists and bands, that doesn't mean that I'm "bored" with U2. When I go back to listen to them, it's always great, but there is so much other great stuff out there and I would consider it a shame if I'd only listen to U2 all the time.

With the board .... bored, no, sometimes annoyed, yes.

Sicy said:
Most people here spend all their time in the other forums while U2 is on break.

Other fourms...?:scratch:

I, like others have said go through phases of listening to u2. I'll go a few months without really wanting to put any album on, then something will happen to make me have a sudden rush. Like U23D coming out. Though that only really lasted about a week. When these re-releases surface, i'll be rotating them probably until the new album comes out. (Providing that it will be this year of course!)

i had a bit of a quiet time before AYCLB / boston came out as i was extremely isolated broke and busy
but things picked up again .

i have never lost faith or interest though.

interference has largely been the best place in the universe for me , have met some awesome people !

I don't get bored with U2, but my interest in the band is no longer at the hyper-intense level it was in the beginning of my fandom - it goes through phases. Plus I listen to so many other bands/artists.

At one point I took a long break away from Interference; I didn't get bored exactly, just slowly fell out of habit of visiting. But it pulled me back in and though there's not much U2-related discussion I mostly hang around for general music talk.

i've got bored with the last 2 albums - the post 1998 phase.
and i've got bored with a lot of bonos blablabla

one of the things that strikes me about interference and u2 is that even in down time their fans never go away and the forums never really dry up. If you go over to other bands forums during bands having breaks (eg Coldplay) you'll notice that the forums are pretty much dead. I think that says a lot about the depth of feeling for so many people about U2. And let's face it, they don't really do much "online work" with their fans to foster this loyalty do they?

I get bored with all the stuff surrounding them, fan stuff and other stuff. Honestly annoyed sometimes too. When I can listen to their music and avoid and forget about all of that I'm not bored.

I am not as into them as I used to be, mainly because of other interests and responsibilities in my life. I'm still quite interested in what the new album will be, just as I was the last time. The tour and all the negatives that can be associated with that, not so much.

jacobus said:
i've got bored with the last 2 albums - the post 1998 phase.
and i've got bored with a lot of bonos blablabla

Me too, but I'm hoping and praying that they can rekindle my rabid fandom once more.

Well,
two years after I became fan and bougth, watched, listend, read and tried to get every information there was a phase when I, hmmmm, didnt't get bored, it was just TOOOO much!
Now I enjoy having my "U2phase" as I and my friends like to call it. Two or three months max. But it's allright!!! :yes: :wave:
Still loving them and always will!

And interference. I check by from time to time... mostly whem I am having my U2phase! ;)

Back
Top Bottom