Have you ever...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
... listened to the entire Complete U2 (minutes repeats, adding in missing material) from start to finish? from the early demo's to how to dismantle an atomic bomb?

taken me 4+ hours thus far... just starting The Joshua Tree. took a break for lunch, bathroom's, etc.

gonna have to take another break in a little while for work reasons, but gonna pick it back up on the drive home using the iPod instead of iTunes.

it really is a fascinating listen, to see how the songs slowly morph in style from one year to the next, yet retain that same u2eyness that makes it instantly recognizable.

it's certainly worth a try if you haven't done it already.

I didn't buy the Complete U2. I couldn't justify spending the money when I already had so much stuff.

It's fun until you reach Achtung Baby, then all the remixes become mind numbing. I quit trying to listen to everything after that and just listened to the albums plus the REAL b-sides.

i've been skipping any remixes, single versions or live versions of songs already played... except for the ones on rattle and hum.

it's next to impossible to listen to do it straight through on a week day... i'm only on the second half of rattle and hum now... proabably a two day event. :drool:

My big question is: How long will it take me to listen to all of my bootlegs?? I probably haven't even listened to 80% of what I've got. :huh: It takes far less time to download than it does to listen to them!

If anyone wants to come over and help me organize my boots, I'll supply the Guinness

Headache in a Suitcase said:

well i'm sure you have all of the albums and most of the b-sides... you can still play along :flirt:

I've done this with the studio albums; maybe I'll add demos and b-sides and play your game this weekend.

Digital box set, no.

The albums, I've listened to maybe 3 albums in sequential order, especially on long road trips. I just haven't had any time to do a full on U2 marathon like that though.

Utoo said:
My big question is: How long will it take me to listen to all of my bootlegs?? I probably haven't even listened to 80% of what I've got. :huh: It takes far less time to download than it does to listen to them!

Yeah I know, it's ridiculous really...

Ive got enough stuff now to listen for months continously without actually having to repeat anything.

Totally insane. :crazy:

i once listened to Boy up to The Unforgettable Fire with the intention of going right up to All that You Can't Leave Behind (this was in 2003 you see...) and I think the music just lost something when listening to it all in one go. It's like when I bought 3 albums or something by one artist and feeling really bogged down by it all and not being able to appreciate each album seperately.

I listened to all the 80's material a while back.
The albums kinda lose their sparkle when you listen to them one after the other.

Utoo said:

No problem, because bootlegs are supposed to be collected, not listened to :wink:

U2Man said:

No problem, because bootlegs are supposed to be collected, not listened to :wink:

you realise you're trying to justify what is in effect an obsessive compulsive collection disorder. I get the shakes when I think about it.

i had to stop last night after pop

working now on the million dollar hotel soundtrack before moving up into all that you can't leave behind...

it's interesting that a lot of people are saying that they got tired of it, that the albums lost something... i'm actually gaining more admiration the longer i go... it's been great, really.

don't think i'll be doing it again anytime soon... i'm already on day 2... but it's been well worth it :up:

Did listening to the albums in a row made you appreciate any record more or less?

i really got into some of the old old stuff... another day, touch, things to make and do, i threw a brick, etc. ... and i was really digging pop last night, but then again i always dig pop, so i guess that just reafirmed what i already felt. i think last night was the first time i actually listened to passengers from start to finish without interruption... i never really liked the tracks individualy, but for some reason i was really digging them last night, too.

U2Man said:

:lmao: Now, what to do with all of these unopened action figures.... :wink:

How many hours did the whole thing take, exactly?
Doing this whole thing has to be worse than a week of compulsive World of Warcraft playing.

Somehow. :uhoh:

i started around 10ish yesterday... ran straight through till around 3:30 (short breaks for lunch, bathroom and phone calls.. god forbid i do any work)

continued it upon arriving home from work at around 6:00, listened straight through till around 11, finished it off today back at work between 8:30 and 10am this morning.

Just recently I listened to all of the LPs, but no b-sides.

I listened to Boy, October, War, and Unforgettable Fire on day 1.
I listened to The Joshua Tree and Rattle And Hum on day 2.
I listened to Achtung Baby, Zooropa, and Pop on day 3.
I listened to All That You Can't Leave Behind and How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb(my modified version) on day 4.

Back
Top Bottom