Have U2 reached their Joshua Tree/Achtung Baby status again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that if we talk about POPULARITY, U2 are more popular than ever. 8 grammy nominations and an appearance at the super bowl!!!! How can you be more popular? They also have the biggest number of fans around the world. They keep their fans over the years and get more albums after albums. You cannot beleive how many poeple telling me that they discovered U2 with ATYCLB. I'm not even talking about their tour WOW. It's the biggest year so far for U2....let me tell you
wink.gif

doctorwho, that was one of the most literate and well-thought-out posts I have read on the subject. I take my hat off to you.
smile.gif

-sula

yes that is a good post by doctowho. it's kind of silly to argue album sales in comparison to the bands popularity.

like the sales of cds should have to validate the importance and relevance of the band.

we are U2 fans and we buy the albums. and we have for some time and that's all that matters.

U2 have been around for a long time, and thank god that despite being around for over 20 years they still make relevant good music.
how many bands that have been around for over 20 years made the same kind of music U2 is making 20 years into their career?

not many. aerosmith and the rolling stones? i wont bother to say anything about those bands.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

I don't know if this really has directly effected U2 sales but the Music industry as a whole is down big time. CD burners and Napster down load sites the industry is blaming. True fans like ourselves go out and buy the record but I think more people have ATYCLB then the numbers show. I know several people who got it off of napster and other down load sites. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom