Have U2 ever helped you through a bad time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moonlit_Angel said:

:hug:s to everyone out there who's gone through or is going through some hardships in life.

I wish U2 could read this thread so that they could see just how much their music means to us, how helpful they've been to us, if they don't realize it already.

Angela

:yes:

The roughest times of my life occured before I became a U2 fan, and things are better now, but their music does help me when I have a bad day. Walk On is the perfect song to play after a bad day. It acknowledges the tough times, but leaves you with a sense of hope and that things will get better (at least for me anyway :) )

:hug: to everyone who has gone through or is going through a rough time :hug:

The_acrobat, along with everyone else I also would like to say Im sorry to hear about your breakup..

U2's helped me since I was a sophomore in high school.. I couldn't understand it then but there was just so much emotion in the music that I felt, as I got older I started to embrace what the songs meant even more. They're definitely been there through my highs and my lows. It's also so amazing to read other peoples stories and how this same music has affected them. I'm starting to ramble now. :der:

Moonlit_Angel said:

I wish U2 could read this thread so that they could see just how much their music means to us, how helpful they've been to us, if they don't realize it already.

Angela

I very much agree Angela. Sometimes I think they know.. sometimes I wonder if they ever really can totally know? :heart:

Yeah, U2 help me every day, just like nbcrusader said.

a recent example, last night my boyfriend and I had a sad conversation, i'm distraught over my job and he doesn't earn enough money, so he's not sure if he can come see me when planned. after we hung up all i could think of was walk on

And if the darkness is to keep us apart
And if the daylight feels like it's a long way off
And if your glass heart should crack
And for a second you turn back
Oh no, be strong

Walk on...

:sigh: :hug:

Carrie

Yeah... I agree..... U2, through their amazing songs, have got me thru some tough times so seeing your stories tells me that its not embarassing to talk about them...I used to think that way before but not now as I feel its really important to talk about what you were feeling and let it all out of your system whether being sad, angry, depressed or any strong emotions you were feeling....

You know, there were quite a few times when I miss someone like my Dad (he died over 5 years ago) so badly, Id listen to songs like One, Walk On, and especially Kite to help me cope with the tragic event and also, for some reason, gave me courage to talk about it with my friends and my family....

So I'm thankful and utterly grateful for the kind of band that Id listen to at times of need and comfort.

dougal

I was about to drive my car over the cliff because I thought I had hurt many U2 fans with my hard-hitting straight-talking style of posting on the U2 forums. I thought I was a liability to U2 fandom and therefore useless to this world. Then I heard Stuck In A Moment on the radio, with Bono's comforting voice telling me "it's just a moment it'll pass". So I didn't drive my car over the cliff and then that evening went back to the Internet U2 forums and resumed posting my drivel.

Cheers,

J

oliveu2cm said:
I very much agree Angela. Sometimes I think they know.. sometimes I wonder if they ever really can totally know? :heart:

Mmhm.

Now that I think about it, I think they might have a slight idea, at least, because to have such a strong connection with your audience like that, you have to know that you're affecting them in some way, shape, or form. They may not know the extent to which they've affected us, may not know our stories that their songs have helped us through, but I'm guessing they at least know that we are affected, they at least know that through their songs, they're helping us deal with whatever emotions we're feeling at the moment.

And that's what makes them such fantastic people.

:hug: :bono: :edge: :adam: :larry:.

Originally posted by oliveu2cm
Yeah, U2 help me every day, just like nbcrusader said.

a recent example, last night my boyfriend and I had a sad conversation, i'm distraught over my job and he doesn't earn enough money, so he's not sure if he can come see me when planned. after we hung up all i could think of was walk on

And if the darkness is to keep us apart
And if the daylight feels like it's a long way off
And if your glass heart should crack
And for a second you turn back
Oh no, be strong

Walk on...

:sigh: :hug:

Carrie

Aww...:hug:.

I hope that you guys manage to meet up and be together soon.

And dougal55, I'm glad you're realizing there's no shame in sharing these stories. :). Letting people know how you feel about something is one of the greatest things you can ever do.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom