Have I turned into a big girl's blouse recently or what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The first time I heard this song (it was like two in the morning in Chicago--when the album was suddenly online and everyone was goin' crazy), I openly WEPT. Just cried and cried and cried.

One of the things about many of my favorite U2 songs is their ambiguity, so to speak. I mean, "Until The End Of The World" is supposed to be about Jesus/Judas...but it doesn't have to be, you know? Just like "One" can be about a million different things to a million different people. It's one of the reasons I don't like the last verse for "Crumbs..."--because it makes everything too obvious, too in-your-face. The song could've been many things before that verse...still a good song, but it's a complaint of mine.

That's why "Sometimes..." hit me SOOOOOOO hard. I already knew EXACTLY what the song was about--I knew why, how, for whom, and everything else about its writing. Even so, I was able to apply it to a COMPLETELY different and just as painful situation in my own life. I didn't see my father (I've never even MET my father...further testament to the song's power, I guess) in the song, but I saw someone else. And I cried....and cried....and cried some more.

I'm still crying.

U2 are the only band that have come even close to making me cry...havent ever cried for a song before but U2 has made me come the closest.

Back
Top Bottom