Has U2 ever visited Interference.com???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
It was just a thought, but does anyone think the band has ever checked the posts here?

If so, is there any evidence that they have?

OUIZY = CURIOUS

I remember Bono saying in a recent interview,

"Um... yeah, that Mikal guy is pretty fookin' cool. I think we're gonna add him as our 5th member."

Originally posted by mikal:
I remember Bono saying in a recent interview,

"Um... yeah, that Mikal guy is pretty fookin' cool. I think we're gonna add him as our 5th member."

Hey, I heard him say that too! Wasn't it on VH1 during the Beautiful Day premiere?
wink.gif

*awaits PLEBA girls to run and clean up their act*
biggrin.gif

We're doomed if their impression of this place is defined by PLEBA.
wink.gif

I remember Bono praising this page once in an interview. (he was asked about fan sites)

And i think there were rumors about Edge visiting here.

Quick, someone close the door and lock up PLEBA...can you imagine if that was their impression of Interference???

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
Really? Details please, Sicy!
smile.gif

They talked about it in an interview on modern rock live, a nationally syndicated radio boradcast when they were promoting ATYCLB in November 2000.

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
Quick, someone close the door and lock up PLEBA...can you imagine if that was their impression of Interference???

When I had to take an Intro to Internet course at school, one of the things my instructor said was this:

"Don't put anything on the Internet that you wouldn't want to see on the front page of the paper."

biggrin.gif

------------------
"I'm nearly great, but there's something missing..."

Originally posted by Rono:

Please come back to the studio, i am waiting almost 4 hours now.

Greets, Bono.

[This message has been edited by Rono (edited 04-19-2002).]

'the studio' i thought we agreed my place at 4!
damnit. i could be at home getting belly dances right now.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
'the studio' i thought we agreed my place at 4!
damnit. i could be at home getting belly dances right now.

Well. maybe we should ask Arun to replace you for a day.

[This message has been edited by Rono (edited 04-19-2002).]

I'm sure they've popped in here or there, but I doubt they would spend a lot of time reading every little post.

They are very busy people.

Bono in between trips to DC - NYC - Africa ->>> **Pulls out lap top** "Oh I simply must check PLEBA to see if I am still loved"
rolleyes.gif
Come on!!!

Originally posted by EPandAmerica:
I'm sure they've popped in here or there, but I doubt they would spend a lot of time reading every little post.

They are very busy people.

Bono in between trips to DC - NYC - Africa ->>> **Pulls out lap top** "Oh I simply must check PLEBA to see if I am still loved"
rolleyes.gif
Come on!!!

Bwahahahaha...

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

I hope they didn't read PLEBA. Oi.

"What the FOOK? Naked paper dolls of me?!!!"

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Oh - yeah when the U2 Bono - Adam - Larry - Edge imposters showed up - too too funny. Imagine that they knew we would completely doubt it was them - and it them and they were fookin with us - BAWHAHWWAHHAA!

Actually if my Da was the subject of all this licentiousness I am pretty sure I wouldn't be in here at their ages. Maybe later when I had some distance from puberty I could be amused, but at the current age I would probably be sick.

------------------
Mone

You ain't nothin without a rhythm section to back you up.

"What Adam does with his willy is his business..." -Bono

Originally posted by Sicy:
They talked about it in an interview on modern rock live, a nationally syndicated radio boradcast when they were promoting ATYCLB in November 2000.

But what did they say?

The chances of them NOT being here are like the chances that there is no other life in the universe. Of course they're here. That's why I worry so much about what goes on here sometimes. Okay so they aren't going to go, "Hi I'm Bono the newbie welcome me!" but I know they HAVE to lurk and members could be one of our frequent posters. Also consider that Edge has three teenage daughters and Bono has two girls 10 and 12. ANY kid that age loves the internet, and with their dads being the subject of so much worldwide discussion OF COURSE they are going to check it out! The wives probably do too. But they aren't goint to broadcast it. I think there is no question- either the band members or their management or their families are on here all the time. Maybe even right now.

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

~**The LONE She-Wolf of PLEBA!**~

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
I think there is no question- either the band members or their management or their families are on here all the time. Maybe even right now.

perhaps but i don't know that it's a reason to sit on the edge of your seat.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
perhaps but i don't know that it's a reason to sit on the edge of your seat.

True... I'm sitting on the edge of my seat just waiting for another post from you!

Oh the anticipation! It must be what GypsyHeartGirl feels when she reaches for "Pop" and looks at a picture of Bono with a shaved head!

Originally posted by doctorwho:
True... I'm sitting on the edge of my seat just waiting for another post from you!

Oh the anticipation! It must be what GypsyHeartGirl feels when she reaches for "Pop" and looks at a picture of Bono with a shaved head!

*flaps arms, voice filled with anticipation
doctorwho...keep it down. mcguinness doesn't like sarcastic asses.
and keep it clean everybody, jordan is reading this right now and if we piss bono off he might not ever tour again.

I bet they are scared if they have visited lately! I mean come on, we all act like FREAKS sometimes! Some more than others though! *scary*

BTW- Hi Adam and Edge *waves*
biggrin.gif
LOL

------------------
Looking for the one
But you know you're
somewhere else instead..
I want to be the song
Be the song that you hear in your head .....

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

By no means is this complete...

Interference.com...
...was featured in prop in the only 'cybergrapes'
...worked directly with interscope on promoting u2.com and atyclb
...was the first place the album title (ATYCLB) was announced Officially
...was also featured on the oiriginal popmart website, and the Best Of website
...is also the only u2 fan website mentioned in u2.com's history pages, specifically the discotheque history in the singles section.

and on a personal note, I'm personally aware of PM/U2/'U2 tour' staff which have visited, or do still, the site - including both Edge and Bono (in conversation with myself and others, and on the radio).

Hope this answers the question.

------------------
-Elvis
http://plot180.net/taol/
elvis@interference.com

Back
Top Bottom