Has U2 ever played a concert in....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
the Middle East? Just wondering if anyone has any info on that.......

------------------
You Just Can't Get Enough Of That Lovey Dovey Stuff...

Yes, Tel Aviv Israel on the Popmart tour in 1997. There is a soundboard FM broadcast bootleg of the show in wide circulation.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 09-30-2001).]

Yes.. and I can't understand why everything thinks this recording is such brilliantly amazing untoppable quality either.. the non band parts are way too loud and really through you off, since they sound so obviously processed. Just can't get into Streets with that way too loud bass thing going dudhudhduhduhdudhudhudhudhudhudhu

Originally posted by SkeeK:
Yes.. and I can't understand why everything thinks this recording is such brilliantly amazing untoppable quality either.. the non band parts are way too loud and really through you off, since they sound so obviously processed. Just can't get into Streets with that way too loud bass thing going dudhudhduhduhdudhudhudhudhudhudhu

Thats so funny, I was just listening to that today all the way through for the first time and totally agree. I am sooo glad its processed though...it just didnt seem like the U2 I have grown to love over the years.
smile.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Jesus Skeek, I think you are being a bit harsh. Be thankful that there is even a recording of this show. There is no way an audience recording would have been possible because of Israel's intense security at large events. Yes, some of the backing sequencing is a bit overwhelming at points but it is still a very good recording. If you hate it so much, dont listen to it. There are about 9 other FM broadcast or soundboards from the Popmart tour out there to choose from, listen to those. But complaining about getting an FM broadcast of a full U2 concert seems to be acting a bit spoiled to me.

Back
Top Bottom