Has U2 affected your style/character?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2_Neat

Acrobat
Being raised by our parents, long term relationships or friendships or whatever, are bound to contribute to the construction of your character. Has growing up with U2 affected you in any way??

To me, it 's given me many elements of my style. I never meant to copy Bono for example, i always had a style of my own, but without realising it, i find myself having a similar look like his, some moves, things that if i weren't told about, i wouldn't have guessed, but i think it 's imminent to happen...
Also, my character, my ideas, my beliefs can relate to many U2 songs, maybe because those songs got me thinking in the first place, it's as if they know exactly what you're talking about and vice versa...

What about you?

i dont know about character, but being a guitarist i have taken a a couple things from edge. like how he keeps beat......i do kinda the same way

how does he keep beat anyways?
is it easy for you to explain?
i never keep beat with my feet or anything, i just try to feel the beat mathematically, i can't really explain it...

Last edited:
U2 opened my eyes to a world beyond borders.

Next to that, it helped get me over something in my life that was devestating, horrifying and all around damaging. The healing process is a long one - but because of U2's heart and soul, I am alive today. I'll probably never get to tell them that, but it's something that I hope they are aware of - the power to save lives with a simple chord and chorus is as great a power as I am aware of. And to the members of U2, I am eternally grateful. It is because of what they have given me, that I work on Interference.com today - a way to give back to other fans, but also the small thought that maybe the band sees us out here too.

WHY IS NO ONE NOTICING THIS!11!!!!

VERTIGO VIDEO CLIP FROM A SPANISH NEWS THING1!!!

OMG!!! sO EXCITED!!!111

Yes, I'm cooler now. :cool:

I definitely started listening to a few bands because of U2. The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Sex Pistols, just to name a few..... I'm a huge fan of those bands thanks to U2. I also sometimes catch myself looking or moving like Bono. When I realize that I feel a little embarrassed cause I never meant to do that. I got a personality of my own (which is very similar to Edge and Larry’s personality…). But, you know how Bono is always holding his sleeves? I do that all the time now.... and I don't even realize it. :reject: I really, really, really admire each one of them for being who they are. Like mkdimatr I also have Edge coming out of my guitar sometimes and I love that. I'm definitely influenced by The Edge, Angus Young, James Hetfield and Keith Richards and I think that's one kick ass combination. You can really feel it on my riffs and stuff. I actually think it’s great that U2 is really on me even if sometimes I’m embarrassed about it, cause in the end they’re really making me a better person. :up:

I love U2. :hug:

It is because of what they have given me, that I work on Interference.com today - a way to give back to other fans.
I completly second that..a hundred times over.. they can't even begin to imgaine what they gave me or what that means to me..and when your here on these forums and you really get to see how many ways U2 affect peoples lives . the kindness and the heart that comes from all of the members of U2 ..I am humbled and proud to be a fan ..The examples of their influence are everywhere and you just hope they understand the gift they are to the music world and moreover to the fans..

and I think the influence of U2's character really is evident in the amazing just really caring fans they have (*save the odd wacked out fan)

the biggest influencing factor to me besides the music .. the friendship that has carried throughout..thats inspiring..

ohh and black velvet..

p.s Carrie your loved chica!!

Last edited:
U2 has helped me through a great many hard times, and they've also been a direct influence on my life and my style! U2 helped my brother and I to get through our mother's death when were teenagers. And on the other side, it's been damn fun sporting a cool pair of singlasses and thinking of the band while you're cruising about town, their albums blaring through the speakers.

When I camped out for U2 tickets for the ZooTV show in Tampa I ended up behind two guys who would become the very best friends I've ever had. We're like brothers to each other. I hung out with them this very day.

And that's how U2 has affected my style most of all...loyalty, longevity. stick with the people you love. Have fun with them.

I'd like them to influence my character, maybe they have, but i'd like it more noticable.....the music mostly promotes good objectives and the band are just a bunch of really good blokes.....they are role models, but i cant say for sure if my character has been changed....

Back
Top Bottom