Has there been any review of ES by media - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2002, 08:09 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jick

Where is this Exit mailing list and how can I join? If you can see in my profile, it is only less than a month since I joined this forum, I never even knew it existed! Cool forum you have here really. It would be great if I could see how elitist this Exit mailing list is.
J,

Even if you knew where it was, it wouldn't matter. It's so elitist that the only way you can join is by being a friend of another member, and having them NOMINATE you for membership, you then have to be second'ed by another member. If ANYONE on the list doesn't like you, or questions your validity, you will be denied access to join the list. Really loving U2 fans, huh? Some people on the list include Prarit (youtwo.net) and Matt (atu2.com). I, of course, am not a member of that list. To me, it's really kind of sad that 2 webmasters of two of the other most known U2 FAN sites are part of a secret little elitist club, which keeps most U2 fans OUT because they don't think most people are good enough.

Exit was formed because some of the original members were unhappy with the original Wire mailing list-- but instead of jsut forming an alternative for everyone, they made it NOMINATION only.

Old 09-14-2002, 10:03 AM   #22
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:33 PM
Normal

Did anybody answer the question of the post or is everyone still fighting over fuckin' web sites. Wjust passed 9/11 and I can see everyone's priorities are in the right place

To help I have not seen any actual media reviews

Sorry

Old 09-14-2002, 10:59 AM   #23
you are what you is

Local Time: 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by gherman
Wjust passed 9/11 and I can see everyone's priorities are in the right place
if you want to look at it that none of us should waste our time on a website dedicated to a rockband

but we are all here
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 09-14-2002, 03:25 PM   #24
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:33 PM
If thats how you want to look at it Salome, go ahead
Old 09-14-2002, 03:42 PM   #25
POP for GIRLS

Local Time: 07:33 AM

Oh crap- I hadn't been back to this thread, I had no idea there was a discussion about me! Thanks to everyone who said I didn't mean any harm, because I didn't. I really just assumed we all checked all the sites whenever we were on and I had no idea there was any kind of competition. I know better now.

Thanks again to those who understood and spoke up for me. I really appreciate it!
Old 09-15-2002, 06:52 AM   #26
Refugee

Local Time: 08:33 PM
Crap ..

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis

J,

Even if you knew where it was, it wouldn't matter. It's so elitist that the only way you can join is by being a friend of another member, and having them NOMINATE you for membership, you then have to be second'ed by another member. If ANYONE on the list doesn't like you, or questions your validity, you will be denied access to join the list. Really loving U2 fans, huh? Some people on the list include Prarit (youtwo.net) and Matt (atu2.com). I, of course, am not a member of that list. To me, it's really kind of sad that 2 webmasters of two of the other most known U2 FAN sites are part of a secret little elitist club, which keeps most U2 fans OUT because they don't think most people are good enough.

Exit was formed because some of the original members were unhappy with the original Wire mailing list-- but instead of jsut forming an alternative for everyone, they made it NOMINATION only.
Hello Elvis! I have been in U2 lists for the past 5 years and never ever used aliases, so everyone knows me as "J". So how come nobody has invited me to exit yet? Heheheheh! How many members do they actually have? Ten? Twenty? Hahahaha!

I do remember contributing wallpapers to interference many years back (now U2literary.com is hosting them). Is u2literary.com an "enemy" website? Also whatever happened to Deseree Stukes, is she still in this site contrbuting? How is she? Tell her I said Hi!

Cheers,

J
Old 09-15-2002, 10:05 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Re: Crap ..

Quote:
Originally posted by jick

Hello Elvis! I have been in U2 lists for the past 5 years and never ever used aliases, so everyone knows me as "J". So how come nobody has invited me to exit yet? Heheheheh! How many members do they actually have? Ten? Twenty? Hahahaha!

I do remember contributing wallpapers to interference many years back (now U2literary.com is hosting them). Is u2literary.com an "enemy" website? Also whatever happened to Deseree Stukes, is she still in this site contrbuting? How is she? Tell her I said Hi!

Cheers,

J
J,

Yes... I know who you are hehe....
Interference doesn't have enemy sites... more like there are other sites that just dont like to play nice. I don't have time to deal with negative people/sites like that... so I try to just keep myself, and Interference, moving forward. I TRY to not let the bastards grind me down. I actually REALLY like u2literary.com.... it's rare these days to have a new (relatively) u2 site that offers something unique. Deseree Stukes stopped working on Interference, uhm, over 2 yrs ago. She seemed to pretty much burn out of the U2 online stuff... I did speak with her a few months ago - just to check up on her

Oh, and the reason the people in EXIT probably haven't invited you to their lil' club... simple... you're outspoken, hold an opinion of your own, and start incredibly long discussions sometimes questioning U2. Lol, that's just my educated guess though...

Joel
Old 09-15-2002, 10:24 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Re: Re: Crap ..

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis

J,

Yes... I know who you are hehe....
Interference doesn't have enemy sites... more like there are other sites that just dont like to play nice. I don't have time to deal with negative people/sites like that... so I try to just keep myself, and Interference, moving forward. I TRY to not let the bastards grind me down. I actually REALLY like u2literary.com.... it's rare these days to have a new (relatively) u2 site that offers something unique. Deseree Stukes stopped working on Interference, uhm, over 2 yrs ago. She seemed to pretty much burn out of the U2 online stuff... I did speak with her a few months ago - just to check up on her

Oh, and the reason the people in EXIT probably haven't invited you to their lil' club... simple... you're outspoken, hold an opinion of your own, and start incredibly long discussions sometimes questioning U2. Lol, that's just my educated guess though...

Joel
I was in EXIT for a while - left in 1998. I felt the group was overly elitist, which I do not associate with "all things U2."

Interestingly enough, I left EXIT at the same time Deseree and I had a disagreement.

Either way, you ain't missing much J.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:37 AM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:33 AM
wink

1. no i have not heard any media response to the single. im expecting to hear more when the album comes out.

2. i think the misunderstanding here was a combination of 2 acceptable items. helloangel feels she doesnt get the respect she deserves and because she puts as much time and effort into the news section as she does, she felt provoked to respond in an emotional way. i dont believe anyone really meant any harm, and its nice to see everyone responded to the whole thing in a nice way.

were a happy family.